The Student Room Group

Cabbage soup diet

hi I am a size 10 and I feel really fat, started doing the cabbage soup diet but it has been making me feel weird, is this normal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ellie mayler
hi I am a size 10 and I feel really fat, started doing the cabbage soup diet but it has been making me feel weird, is this normal

Are you planning to eat it for the rest of your life? No? Well then, you will gain weight as soon as you start eating normally anyway. Just exercise more and eat a little less of your regular food ffs.
is it weird in a good way, or do you feel unwell ?
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
is it weird in a good way, or do you feel unwell ?

I feel a bit unwell

So how old are you , how tall and how much do you weigh?
Reply 5
I feel a bit unwell

No wonder, it will probably make you sick, or worse. Just tell your family that you will probably need the toilet for the rest of the night after all that cabbage :s-smilie: Seriously, though, trust me, it will not help you permanently lose weight.
Reply 6
Original post by Ciel.
No wonder, it will probably make you sick, or worse. Just tell your family that you will probably need the toilet for the rest of the night after all that cabbage :s-smilie: Seriously, though, trust me, it will not help you permanently lose weight.

im fat though im 5 feet 4 size 10
Wouldn't recommend these fad diets. The reason why dieting companies are so lucrative is that they rely a high relapse rate...otherwise they would be out of business.

Also consuming very low calories will slow your metabolism, therefore you will find it harder to lose weight. You put your body in starvation mode and once you go back to eating normally, you will gain weight back even faster. Furthermore, you are missing out on key nutrients which you need for your body to function properly by being so restrictive.

It's much better to eat healthily and exercise regularly. Being healthy is a long-term lifestyle choice. It's not a quick fix. Yes it's hard, which is why many don't do it and seek quick fixes...and ultimately fail. Eat fresh and nutrient dense foods (80% of your diet should be this) and exercise four of five days of the week. You'll keep the weight off this way and be much healthier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
im fat though im 5 feet 4 size 10

But it won't help you lose weight permanently, don't you get it? So what's the point? Anyway, you probably just want people to tell you that you aren't fat :colonhash: Which you aren't but if you don't exercise, you may want to lose a little bit of weight. So if you want to be skinnier, and be size 6/8 just do what I told you, it will work.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
But it won't help you lose weight permanently, don't you get it? So what's the point? Anyway, you probably just want people to tell you that you aren't fat :colonhash: Which you aren't but if you don't exercise, you may want to lose a little bit of weight. So if you want to be skinnier, and be size 6/8 just do what I told you, it will work.

i go to the gym but i dont seem to be losing much
This diet is clearly unhealthy and unsustainable. If you think you're going to be able to go back to normal eating after the weight is lost, you're wrong. If you go back to eating like a size 10 girl, you'll become a size 10 girl again. Much more sensible to make it a habit for life.
Reply 11

Consider reducing your calorie intake then. But only a little bit.
wish I was size 0 :frown:

Possibly not working out enough or effectively? Going to the gym and walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes doesn't count. Or your calorie intake is exceeding your output.

Because you arent at a calorific deficit and at size 10 YOU ARE NOT FAT.

You dont understand about weight loss and how it works.
wish I was size 0 :frown:

OP I think you may have some serious problems. You made a post about laxatives. You should perhaps see a doctor. Being at size 10 and at 5ft 4" is normal and certainly not "fat".
I spent least couple hours a day at the gym
I spent least couple hours a day at the gym

Doing what activities or exercise? If that's the case, you shouldn't be gaining weight. Perhaps you aren't working hard in the gym or you are eating far more calories than required.

Very few people spend hours each day in the gym, save for athletes and body builders.
(edited 7 years ago)
The cabbage soup diet is only meant to be temporary as a means to kick-start a diet - you're supposed to transition to a calorie controlled diet after the week is over. Continuing to eat it will just make you ill....

Please do not worry over your weight. A size 10 is healthy. No extreme diet of singling foods and eliminating others is going to be healthy as you are not getting the right nutrients. I am not quite sure what you mean by 'weird' but it is likely that you need more variety. Drink plenty of water and don't obsess over certain foods, also exercise moderately to a level suitable to you and make sure you are safe.

This diet is only recommended for a duration of a week, have you gone over this period? Focusing on a particular food can cause your body to repel the food. It is not unheard of to hear that if you eat too much of something and then have a break from it and return to the food bodies will reject the food and they become intolerant or allergic to it - this, however, is rare but something to bare in mind. If you are becoming ill, please ease yourself out of the diet.

Quick Reply

Latest