The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hi I want to know if this course is recognise by Medical council of India?
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
hello beckie , do i need to pass PLAB for working there or i m eligible to practice on gmc sponsorship scheme as your university authorities says .
please help me in this regard
Original post by lovejindal
hello beckie , do i need to pass PLAB for working there or i m eligible to practice on gmc sponsorship scheme as your university authorities says .

Hello,

Please, send your enquiry to [email protected] and we will contact you shortly.
Reply 83
Original post by lovejindal

Hello,
Firstly, I would like to say that we must Register with GMC to work in UK, which can be done through 3 different ways.
1)PLAB is one of the option to get the GMC registration
It consists of two steps to pass. PLAB can be either taken at home country or from UK. So after passing this exam one can apply for GMC Registration. This pathway might take like 6 months minimum.
2)GMC sponsorship scheme given by the University.
This is mainly based on the three months observation, of the standards of the students, by the University. The important qualifications needed are experience (two years or more without much gap) and IELTS (total 7.5 and individual modules atleast 7). Yes, you will have to pay certain amount to participate in the programme (Say 7500 GBP). This scheme is actually a short cut to the GMC Registration and can be done within 5 to 6 months.
3) Last option would be attaining GMC registration after getting the MRCP done. Once we pass the MRCP we can apply for GMC registration. But it takes few time to get the MRCP ( There are 3 parts for MRCP)

Hope this clears the doubt.

thank you
Hey guys, i am really interested in this course. Did anyone of u get into this course? I had similar doubts as were mentioned throughout the thread. Any information regarding these questions below, would really help.
1. How is this course in terms of clinical exposure and knowledge?
2. Is it recognised by MCI?
3. What are the options open after doing this course? Like can we skip fy2 and get into core training1 directly?
4. Is the course worth the fees?
Any information related to the course will really help me take a decision! Thank you:smile:
Reply 85
hii!! i'm applying clinical medicine at the university.
is there anyone who is currently studying there and can give the reviews about this course?
also, is it mci recognised??
any kind of help would be appreciated!!!
hi..i am also applying for the same...from india ...anyone applying this year plz contact 09401812435
Reply 87
If this university is not recognised by mci then i wonder why u people going for it????????
Original post by Nightwing2241
Hi im hoping to apply here also for 2017 cycle.

Hi I have applied for Nov 2017 intake. Did u apply for the same? Plz reply.
Reply 89
It's really hard to find feedback on this course. I am interested as well, but I am unsure of the quality of the clinical training students received under this program.
Reply 90
Original post by Dr Mann
If this university is not recognised by mci then i wonder why u people going for it????????

I am personally interested in the clinical training aspect of the course, regardless of its recognition status in my home country.
i have applied for nov 2017? any tips for the interview?
HiI have got my offer letter from the university But i am a little confused about the university Plz can anyone give me there valuable suggestions?
Hello people,I'm in my MBBS final year. I want to apply for this programme after MBBS. How did you guys go ahead with the application or get placed in the uni. I've been reading the thread, and there is doubt on MCI recognition. Can anyone pls throw light on this and application proceedure? I'm also confused regarding the GMC sponsorship and PLAB entry. Please PM me
I have gone through the pdf of the uni. They mentioned about the Skype interview.....I want to know about the interview and do they pay stipend during the course. What it if I get gmc registered 1st and apply for this course if so will I get to do the procedures and all. And finally how much does it cost.Kindly provide the information it will be a real help to.
Hello! Do you have any idea if this course is recognised by the MCI? Where are you from, and what stage are you in your application?
It's not recognized by mci
Original post by TejaswiniTS
It's not recognized by mci

So, it is only beneficial if one would want to practice in the UK. Do you suggest not to apply if one would want to practice in India?
And may I know what stage of medical training are you in?
Reply 98
Well, Coming from a small palce it feels safe to go to a small place. I am sure busses run to Milton Keynes and Oxford. Only an hour and a bit from Heathrow by taxi...Much better than Exceter, Cantebury, UAE, Essex etc. Price is about the same and no long holidays that I find are a waste of time and money for international students.

Latest

Trending

Trending