The Student Room Group

Will you go out with someone on minimum wage?

Hi Everyone!

As you've guessed I'm a girl on minimum wage. I feel like someone's career and future prospects has a relation to attracting a partner. I'm just very insecure. I work as a kitchen assistant on minimum wage and feel like I won't find a girlfriend.

I'm really shy and find it hard to meet new people, like I literally can't push myself to approach someone. I feel like I suffer from social anxiety too and I get really sad and emotional all the time for no reason.

Anyway would you take into consideration someones earning potential when thinking about being in a relationship?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Somewhat. I guess I'm looking at the long term now, for the future like when it comes to raising a family.
As a rule of thumb, guys aren't really bothered by the income of a woman, and women are bothered about the income of a guy.
I would definitely not care at all about my partner's income.
I would however hope she has ambitions.

I'm sorry you go through sad times.
I hope you are happy and find someone you'll fall for soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, because mostly I am shallow for looks, I might be broke as well but most importantly because I understand that the low level parts of life are part of the path to success.
Reply 5
yes
Reply 6
Original post by SuperHuman98
Yes, because mostly I am shallow for looks, I might be broke as well but most importantly because I understand that the low level parts of life are part of the path to success.

Oh that's very pleasing to read lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I mean personally, when I think about getting into a relationship I tend to focus on their personality/character/beliefs....salary is very VERY far down the list.
Also, I'm more independent when it comes to earning. I like to pay for my own things and would never get with someone because of how rich they were.
If there was someone I genuinely like, finding out what they earn wouldn't bother me.
That being said, I know lots of girls where it'd be a dealbreaker. Depends on the person.
Reply 8
Original post by GothicShield
I would definitely not care at all about my partner's income.
I would however hope she has ambitions.

I'm sorry you go through sad times.
I hope you are happy and find someone you'll fall for soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sweet! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Planetpink
Oh that's very pleasing to read lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also you have really nice eyes, if thats you in your avi
Reply 10
I don't think it should matter how much the potential partner earns, but rather how intelligent and kind s/he is and how s/he's planning to improve in the future.
Reply 11
Original post by SuperHuman98
Also you have really nice eyes, if thats you in your avi

Thank you Sir
Yep that's lil me
I'm sure you have nice eyes 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Sir
Yep that's lil me
I'm sure you have nice eyes 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

My eyes are nice if you think very dark eyes look good :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by EC
I don't think it should matter how much the potential partner earns, but rather how intelligent and kind s/he is and how s/he's planning to improve in the future.

What if they arenot very intelligent or brainy but really really really sweet : )

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if they arenot very intelligent or brainy but really really really sweet : )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even better

Posted from TSR Mobile
If that is you in your avatar and you are indeed really really really really sweet then only the most pretentious of men would even consider your current wage.

I'd happily marry you next week (once we get permission from my girlfriend).
Reply 16
Original post by FranktheYank
If that is you in your avatar and you are indeed really really really really sweet then only the most pretentious of men would even consider your current wage.

I'd happily marry you next week (once we get permission from my girlfriend).

Oh lool

I'm actually into girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
In that case she's even more likely to say yes since she is too.
Reply 18
My parents are morrocan but I was born and raised in London

Lol thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've literally never cared about a woman's wealth or social class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending