The Student Room Group

Opinions on subject choices?

I'm going to college next year and I'd like to hear what people think of subjects I'm considering taking to help me to decide on which ones to choose

-Maths or Further Maths (depending on what grade I get, I'm predicted a 9)
- Chemistry
- possibly Biology
- Sociology or Psychology (I can't decide between Sociology and Psychology, I don't want to do both)

I think we choose 4 but drop 1 after the first year, ty
This is a very personal choice and should be based on what you enjoy, what you're good at and what you need for your future so don't worry about what other people think. Focus on those things.
Original post by bethany47341

-Maths or Further Maths (depending on what grade I get, I'm predicted a 9)

you can't take further maths without maths.
Reply 3
Original post by cambio wechsel

^He's right. However, further maths can sometimes be seen as a "wasteful" subject as it isn't a fundamental subject (aka russell group subject).

It's still a good a level though.

(If you wanna pick sociology or psychology, make sure you know for definite as they are very different to what people first think they'll be like).
Reply 4
Original post by cambio wechsel

Thanks, I didn't know that
Reply 5
Original post by AyyJeh
^He's right. However, further maths can sometimes be seen as a "wasteful" subject as it isn't a fundamental subject (aka russell group subject).

It's still a good a level though.

(If you wanna pick sociology or psychology, make sure you know for definite as they are very different to what people first think they'll be like).

Yeah that's why I asked on tsr, I wanted to find out more about Sociology and Psychology because I don't know too much about them and I don't know if they're for me

Quick Reply

Latest