Scroll to see replies

Anything that's a surname.
Would not name a kid India.

Spoiler

Original post by Pikachū
What about al-Baghdadi?

The meaning of that to my knowledge is 'a person from Baghdad'
It's not a name.
Cecil, if it only because it means blind.
When I was little there was a girl on our street called Twiggy. [1960's model, for those who haven't heard of her]. I heard a few years later she was taken into care.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Anything that's a surname.

There was a boy at my school [can't remember whether it was primary or secondary] that was called Alan Allen !
Nothing religious and nothing too "ethnic"- sad but it's true.
Bilal
Reply 168
I had to go through a list of names to find some random ones I would find unacceptable.

If a girl:
Stacey
Tracey
Sharon
Pamela
Jade
Crystal

If a boy:
Jordan
Derek
Bailey
Kieran
Connor

I would also not accept odd spellings of names whose only purpose is to make the individual seem unique. I see this a lot and usually just assume it is a spelling mistake.
Original post by markova21
There was a boy at my school [can't remember whether it was primary or secondary] that was called Alan Allen !

My dad told me he knows a man called Andrew Andrews.

A relative does have his grandmother's maiden name as his middle name. But it is a proper boys name, rather than what quite clearly is a surname, like Cooper. (or mine, which I'm not going to reveal)
Shlomo
Original post by l'etranger
Noah has fast become a chav tier name, George is a definite no-no now and this trend of White middle class people calling their kids ''India'' just has to be criminalised.

umm... it's usually black people who name their kids India. It's a very common African American name
Original post by agrew
Mercedes, before watching Glee, I had no idea it can be used as a name.

It's a Spanish name which is extremely common in Latino people, it's basically the Spanish version of the Virgin Mary.

Being culturally ignorant isn't cute
Eastern European names like Anja, Zoran, Filip, Anastasia, Vlad,Tatiana

Don't know why but I always thought those were really cool
Cordelia, Jane, Shamaima (ugh, I knew a bully called this)

Asia, America, India, Europa. Just no.
Reply 175
Original post by comebackseason
It's a Spanish name which is extremely common in Latino people, it's basically the Spanish version of the Virgin Mary.

Being culturally ignorant isn't cute

The thread is about the names you don't like; being the Spanish version of the Virgin Mary and being common among others don't make the name more appealing to me.

Some people pointed out here that they don't like Eastern European names. I'm myself from such background, but you don't see me screaming around about cultural ignorance, even though most of slaving names also have strong meaning behind them.
Khaleesi
It's retarded yet some people have done it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ayn
Adolf.
Original post by elekro
too many religious references or does that not matter in the UK?

maybe he just doesn't like half the Beatles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending