The Student Room Group

Why can't I approve childcare grant payments?

After weeks of back and forth I have finally been awarded the childcare grant for both my children, but now I am in debt with the provider because we have been waiting on the payments.
I got it all set up, linked the kids and they logged in to submit costs etc. I good an email saying I had new requests but when I go to approve the payments it tells me that I am not able to approve them and tells me to call SFE. That would be fine, but SFE phone lines don't have an option that is even close to what I am trying to find out. Nothing about the CCG at all. The account is showing that I have the full entitlement for two kids available - around £16k - and I only need to approve around £150 at the moment. The FAQs only state having no entitlement remaining as a reason for not being able to approve payments.
Original post by Maria_Martin
After weeks of back and forth I have finally been awarded the childcare grant for both my children, but now I am in debt with the provider because we have been waiting on the payments.
I got it all set up, linked the kids and they logged in to submit costs etc. I good an email saying I had new requests but when I go to approve the payments it tells me that I am not able to approve them and tells me to call SFE. That would be fine, but SFE phone lines don't have an option that is even close to what I am trying to find out. Nothing about the CCG at all. The account is showing that I have the full entitlement for two kids available - around £16k - and I only need to approve around £150 at the moment. The FAQs only state having no entitlement remaining as a reason for not being able to approve payments.

Hi Maria,

You can select any option on live chat or call to get through to an adviser who will be able to help you.

Can you confirm if there have been any updates on your account regarding your entitlement?

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Maria,

You can select any option on live chat or call to get through to an adviser who will be able to help you.

Can you confirm if there have been any updates on your account regarding your entitlement?

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare

My entitlement last changed on 9th October, but prior to that I had confirmed entitlement for one of my kids (I sent the wrong evidence with only on child's name on it when I applied). So there was still over £9k in the account to use before I updated the evidence and got the second child's evidence in.

Good to know they will be able to help, the recorded message warned me that the wait time was over half an hour when I called and I didn't want to stay on the line all day just to be told I was though to the wrong place or department!
Original post by Maria_Martin
My entitlement last changed on 9th October, but prior to that I had confirmed entitlement for one of my kids (I sent the wrong evidence with only on child's name on it when I applied). So there was still over £9k in the account to use before I updated the evidence and got the second child's evidence in.

Good to know they will be able to help, the recorded message warned me that the wait time was over half an hour when I called and I didn't want to stay on the line all day just to be told I was though to the wrong place or department!

Hi Maria,

Yes, the adviser will be able to help you on that number. If your entitlement was reassessed, this would potentially affect your Childcare Grant as that may need to be updated. Please call or start a live chat so that this can be reviewed.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending