The Student Room Group

Are all of the universities going to respond after they receive my application?

So far 4 responded (within a day). The last one is Goldsmith.
They all respond, eventually, they have until May to respond I think.
Reply 2
Original post by MissIntrov
They all respond, eventually, they have until May to respond I think.

I meant a "thanks for your application" email like the 4 other unis sent me today (I sent the application yesterday).
Original post by Akalamago
I meant a "thanks for your application" email like the 4 other unis sent me today (I sent the application yesterday).

Not every university will do that

Yeah, they should do. I got 4 "received" emails on the same day and then the last one like a week after.
Reply 5
Original post by MissIntrov
Yeah, they should do. I got 4 "received" emails on the same day and then the last one like a week after.

I hope they will as I already have to send them an email. I'm waiting for the last uni's welcome email because what if they have an other ID for me alongside the UCAS one, and that should be in the email.
I hope they will as I already have to send them an email. I'm waiting for the last uni's welcome email because what if they have an other ID for me alongside the UCAS one, and that should be in the email.

Not every uni sends such emails. You may not hear anything from Goldsmiths until they send you an offer or rejection.
Reply 7
Original post by super_kawaii
Not every uni sends such emails. You may not hear anything from Goldsmiths until they send you an offer or rejection.

I guess they don't give a unique ID to applicants then. Because now I can only write my UCAS ID when I'm introducing myself in my email. (Queen Mary and Reading for example gave me their own ID). I have to send them an email anyway, this just makes me more frustrated...
Reply 8
Not all unis respond to receiving your application. I think 3/4 of mine did (I've now decided on firm/insurance etc)
I guess they don't give a unique ID to applicants then. Because now I can only write my UCAS ID when I'm introducing myself in my email. (Queen Mary and Reading for example gave me their own ID). I have to send them an email anyway, this just makes me more frustrated...

Your UCAS ID is how they recognise you and should be used in all correspondence with all unis you've applied to.

Why is it frustrating you? They aren't required to send you a receipt of receiving your application-I didn't get anything from a couple unis at undergrad and nothing apart from interview and offer emails at postgrad. They're only supposed to inform you of offers, rejections, and interviews, nothing else, so stop fretting :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by super_kawaii
Your UCAS ID is how they recognise you and should be used in all correspondence with all unis you've applied to.

Why is it frustrating you? They aren't required to send you a receipt of receiving your application-I didn't get anything from a couple unis at undergrad and nothing apart from interview and offer emails at postgrad. They're only supposed to inform you of offers, rejections, and interviews, nothing else, so stop fretting :smile:

What frustrated/frustrates me is that some unis have their own ID for students and if they don't tell me what is mine then how can I tell them when I contact them? (now I'm ok with this because you are right, the UCAS ID is enough) But I calmed down for now because one of the unis replied (within an hour) to me and they were cool about what I wanted.
What frustrated/frustrates me is that some unis have their own ID for students and if they don't tell me what is mine then how can I tell them when I contact them? (now I'm ok with this because you are right, the UCAS ID is enough) But I calmed down for now because one of the unis replied (within an hour) to me and they were cool about what I wanted.

Unis that only send out emails when giving interviews/offers/rejections will only give you an applicant number once you have received an interview or offer. In fact, as far as I know, most unis operate in this fashion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending