The Student Room Group

Uni admissions

I was wondering if applicants doing alternative qualifications to A-Levels hear back quicker than A-Level applicants. As in do universities look at alternative qualifications before looking at A-Level applicants?
No, typically they're looked at in date order in most cases.

Offers might not be issued in the same order, but in my experience the type of qualification makes little or no difference.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
No, typically they're looked at in date order in most cases.

Offers might not be issued in the same order, but in my experience the type of qualification makes little or no difference.

Someone I know who applied after me received an interview offer last week while i have not year heard anything. Does this mean i’m going to most likely be rejected?
Original post by Lime248
Someone I know who applied after me received an interview offer last week while i have not year heard anything. Does this mean i’m going to most likely be rejected?

Is that person doing the exact same course as you? Sometimes it takes longer for certain courses to respond (or that's what some of my friends have experienced)
Original post by Lime248

It means absolutely nothing until you get a formal decision from the uni.
Reply 5
Original post by soldier_510

Is that person doing the exact same course as you? Sometimes it takes longer for certain courses to respond (or that's what some of my friends have experienced)

we applied for the exact same course 😭
Original post by Lime248
we applied for the exact same course 😭
But not with an identical application.
Original post by Lime248

Some courses will be processed in date order, some alphabetically, some will be split out amongst 2 or 3 or more staff who work at different speeds in different orders. Sometimes staff are off sick or on holiday.

There’s no specific universal order for applications to be processed.

Have you received any emails from the university? Did you sign up to UCAS using your school/college email or a personal email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending