The Student Room Group

I never get hangovers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Are you snorting cocaine while drinking? :biggrin:
Reply 21
I think sometimes you can find a bit of a sweet spot if you drink so much that there's a decent amount of alcohol in your bloodstream in the morning; although it will wear off as the day goes on it seems you never get symptoms quite so bad as your standard wake up dead in the morning hangover.
Like my worst hangovers seem to have been having a fairly small amount, like five pints say, and I wake up with a massive headache. But I can have 11 pints and wake up tipsy, then as the day goes on it disappears but I never get the same feeling I got in the first case.
Original post by KyleH123
course the scot comments

gotta stay true to my roots obviously x
Wow, I'm really happy for you :bigsmile:

What do you usually drink?
Original post by zayn008
So last night I went on a MASSIVE binge. Celebrating the big 18, I woke up still feeling a little drunk but like I was expecting a hangover with the headaches and body aches that people always talk about but here I am, fine. I've noticed I never get hangover symptoms but thought this would hit hard. Am I drinking right? Who knows, I'm gonna make the most of it. Anyone noticed similar stuff? When did you first start getting hungover?

I also discovered a talent I have, I can drunk text without making any big errors

Original post by Wilfred Little
You can't have drank that much. Also you're 18, wait until you're in your 20s.

That's because you're 18. Wait till at least 21 - 23 like Wilfred says.
I never tend to get hangovers usually - I'm smart enough even when drunk out of my nut to understand that if you don't chug water before you go to sleep you'll wake up with a nasty headache. but then again, when I haven't drank water before sleeping I've actually just woken up not only fine but feeling really happy - probably the last little jitters of the booze
Original post by hezzlington
That's because you're 18. Wait till at least 21 - 23 like Wilfred says.

I'm literally teetotal. Are you saying that your body actually begins to go downhill at age 21 or that constant drug and alcohol abuse will eventually lead to wear and tear?
Original post by l'etranger
I'm literally teetotal. Are you saying that your body actually begins to go downhill at age 21 or that constant drug and alcohol abuse will eventually lead to wear and tear?

I'm not sure really.

When I was 14 - 18 and regularly getting drunk, I'd feel invincible. No hangovers the next day, I could get up early and function with no side effects other than mild dehydration. Now, on a really heavy night, the next two days are a write off, I'll feel really ill and have no sense of appetite. I'm much healthier now then I was back then so I'm not sure really.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not sure really.

When I was 14 - 18 and regularly getting drunk, I'd feel invincible. No hangovers the next day, I could get up early and function with no side effects other than mild dehydration. Now, on a really heavy night, the next two days are a right off, I'll feel really ill and have no sense of appetite. I'm much healthier now then I was back then so I'm not sure really.

My friends who are massive pissheads said that that constant consumption definitely altered how their bodies reacted to it. I've always had an appalling tolerance of it and thought it best to just cut it all out.
My friends who are massive pissheads said that that constant consumption definitely altered how their bodies reacted to it. I've always had an appalling tolerance of it and thought it best to just cut it all out.

Tolerance improves with consumption. It takes me a lot more to get drunk but my body can't handle it at all now. I can't keep up with my peers who are 18 - 20 and go out mid week during university. How you react varies each time you binge.
Tolerance improves with consumption. It takes me a lot more to get drunk but my body can't handle it at all now. I can't keep up with my peers who are 18 - 20 and go out mid week during university. How you react varies each time you binge.

If I eat a tiramisu with brandy added to it, my cheeks blush up and I get a headache/nausea/room spinning and feel like I'm about to vomit, it's far more than just being a lightweight.
If I eat a tiramisu with brandy added to it, my cheeks blush up and I get a headache/nausea/room spinning and feel like I'm about to vomit, it's far more than just being a lightweight.

Are you sure that's not an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the tiramisu?

Crack open a beer, lad!

:beerglass:
Are you sure that's not an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the tiramisu?

Crack open a beer, lad!

:beerglass:

:colonhash: Trust me, if I drink beer I'll be a mess for the next 3 days. I'm not ******** you, Muhammad was right.
Reply 33
Original post by zayn008
So last night I went on a MASSIVE binge. Celebrating the big 18, I woke up still feeling a little drunk but like I was expecting a hangover with the headaches and body aches that people always talk about but here I am, fine. I've noticed I never get hangover symptoms but thought this would hit hard. Am I drinking right? Who knows, I'm gonna make the most of it. Anyone noticed similar stuff? When did you first start getting hungover?

I also discovered a talent I have, I can drunk text without making any big errors

It's not much of a talent. You can prevent hangovers if you drink lots of water before AND after drinking (since alcohol causes dehydration, and many symptoms is caused because of that).
:colonhash: Trust me, if I drink beer I'll be a mess for the next 3 days. I'm not ******** you, Muhammad was right.

It's a sign, you were always meant to be part of the Ummah.
Reply 35
Original post by kkboyk
It's not much of a talent. You can prevent hangovers if you drink lots of water before AND after drinking (since alcohol causes dehydration, and many symptoms is caused because of that).

My talent is drunk texting lol
Original post by Pikachū
It's a sign, you were always meant to be part of the Ummah.

Mashallah akhi
Original post by zayn008

****ing drink more then

or you're still the drunk and the damage is yet to come

is this really a question?
Mashallah akhi

Say it with me

Spoiler

Original post by Pikachū
Say it with me

Spoiler

If I say it, will they allow me into the Mosque? :smile:

Quick Reply