The Student Room Group

Girls rank in order of importance for dating a guy?

Scroll to see replies

1. Good personality.
2. Intelligence.
3. Good looks.
4. Height.
5. Money.

I'd stick similar interests and similar political beliefs as well.
Most important first:
Good personality
Intelligent
Good looks
Height
Money (I shall make my own :colone:)
Original post by WoodyMKC
I know a few very intelligent people who have very average careers because they don't have the drive or interpersonal skills to further their career. Also "intelligence" is a very vague term, as someone can be highly intelligent academically yet have very little common sense or living skills.

When women say intelligence, what they generally mean is high verbal intelligence, characterised by wits and streetsmarts, i.e. the sort you would find in a top lawyer or businessman rather than some guy who fiddles with computers all day or lectures A level students on physics. The point I'm making is that women are evolved to seek out intelligence, but in the natural world intelligence is defined as interpersonal skills.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by l'etranger
When women say intelligence, what they generally mean is high verbal intelligence, characterised by wits and streetsmarts, i.e. the sort you would find in a top lawyer or businessman rather than some guy who fiddles with computers all day or lectures A level students on physics.

Hmm for me personally it is the ability to tell me about things that I don't know. And, if they're in my field, law, to give me a **** hot debate.
1. Personality
2. Intelligence
3. Good Looks
4. Height
5. Money

I agree with Athena64, I get really fired up, and so I'd like a guy better if he had similar beliefs. I find my preferences weird, because I love good humor and sociable, thing is I'm not sociable at all and it takes a while for me to 'let someone in' even just as a day to day basis friend. I do find myself humorous, but only with people I'm comfortable with.

I require a good sense of intelligence, so I'd range from anywhere from high to average, as I like to have debates and arguments, and the conversations would just be quite bland without intelligence. And ambition, I like anyone to have a set goal whether it's to travel the world or work at your favourite fast-food restaurant.
Original post by epsilondelta
Hmm for me personally it is the ability to tell me about things that I don't know. And, if they're in my field, law, to give me a **** hot debate.

When women say they want an intelligent man what they mean is they want to be engaged and inspired rather than some guy just has top grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending