The Student Room Group

Radiotherapy degree - what next?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissisBee
Thank you Hannah, that was the clearest reply I've had yet!

Glad to be of service! Which uni are you at?
Reply 21
Hi , just a really quick question what grade do you need in radiotherapy to be practitioner?
Original post by Shenna
Hi , just a really quick question what grade do you need in radiotherapy to be practitioner?

You're a practitioner as soon as you qualify! Do you mean an advanced practitioner? They are usually band 7/8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Bubble87
You're a practitioner as soon as you qualify! Do you mean an advanced practitioner? They are usually band 7/8.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry ...what I meant was what is the lowest grade you can get in your degree to still be able to practice?
Original post by Shenna
Sorry ...what I meant was what is the lowest grade you can get in your degree to still be able to practice?

Ah right sorry! You just need to pass the degree so 40% to be able to register with the HCPC.
Reply 25
Original post by Bubble87
Ah right sorry! You just need to pass the degree so 40% to be able to register with the HCPC.

Thanx that gives me hope. Never can tell how well you do on the day :/
Reply 26
Hi, I am a 2nd year radiotherapy student, going into 3rd year. I was just wanting to know if anyone is aware of other jobs/opportunities available apart from working as a radiotherapist. I have spoken to a few staff in my clinical placement site and they all constantly say that there are a lot of jobs you can get into with the degree but they fail to give me examples. Upon doing some research of my own i'm finding it difficult to find anything other that planning jobs, support worker jobs or doing a masters. Please help

Thank you :smile:
Vetinary radiotherapyPlanningDosimetry with extra trainingMammography with some in job trainingEducationResearchPatient supportCancer research UKPublic health jobs
Reply 28
Hey guys! I am about to start a radiotherapy degree in September is there any books I should buy. I heard about the Walter and Millers textbook but its really expensive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending