The Student Room Group

Ucas application

so im in university at the moment, and im going to be changing my course for september so my tutor has advised me to re-apply to ucas.
i was just wondering, for the qualifications area, i need to put my college alevels in but i got a BBU, should i still put that U in or should i just put my two Bs making it only seem like i have 2 alevels?
Original post by lamebourghini24
so im in university at the moment, and im going to be changing my course for september so my tutor has advised me to re-apply to ucas.
i was just wondering, for the qualifications area, i need to put my college alevels in but i got a BBU, should i still put that U in or should i just put my two Bs making it only seem like i have 2 alevels?

No, you used to be able to not declare U grades but now you cannot, and if you are caught doing this it could risk your application.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, so sorry. Maybe you can pick up another A-level or a btec etc?
Original post by SeanFM
No, you used to be able to not declare U grades but now you cannot, and if you are caught doing this it could risk your application.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, so sorry. Maybe you can pick up another A-level or a btec etc?

:/ does that mean i have to go back to college? cz im in uni already (first year) , i just wanted to change my course...
Reply 3
You would need to put in the first year uni results as your most recent qualification.

If it's the same uni you're wanting to change your course at, try talking to the student support team too. They're used to having students ask for that and will do more to answer all your questions and help you do it or will send you to someone who will.
:/ does that mean i have to go back to college? cz im in uni already (first year) , i just wanted to change my course...

I'm an idiot, I missed that bit of your post 😐 I guess you should look around, email admissions for unis that you're interested and see if they will accept you in your situation.
Reply 5
If you are already at university, does your uni not allow you to switch your degree programme within their institution so you don't have to go through ucas? (providing you have the grades)
Original post by .A_C.
If you are already at university, does your uni not allow you to switch your degree programme within their institution so you don't have to go through ucas? (providing you have the grades)

yeah, ive talked to my tutor, and he said that because my course right now (Accounting with business) isnt similar to the course i want to change (digital marketing) he said im gonna have to apply in ucas again :/
yeah, ive talked to my tutor, and he said that because my course right now (Accounting with business) isnt similar to the course i want to change (digital marketing) he said im gonna have to apply in ucas again :/

Double check with the admissions and student records office and the admissions tutor for the new course.

If they all say that you need to use UCAS then you'll need to list all your A level grades (including the U) and your first year results from your current course.

Quick Reply

Latest