The Student Room Group

CUSU Shadowing Scheme 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone explain what this is? How do I apply? Can anyone send a link or something? :smile: would be appreciated

Original post by asleep
Has anybody here applied to the Shadowing Scheme this year?

I've applied for English but I don't think I will be successful as I don't meet most of the prioritisation criteria and my GCSEs are pretty average for Cambridge.

What have other people applied for?
Reply 61
Original post by anonymous56789
Can anyone explain what this is? How do I apply? Can anyone send a link or something? :smile: would be appreciated

https://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/

You have missed the deadline for this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody else on here one of the lucky 450 to get accepted for this year's shadowing scheme?? I'm doing English in King's from Feb 2nd- 4th and I'm so excited!!
Reply 63
What is the CUSU Shadowing Scheme?
Reply 64
Original post by Retsek
What is the CUSU Shadowing Scheme?

Look 2 posts back. :smile:
Original post by Redcoats
Oh, that's unfortunate; I'm shadowing a student called Sonja from the 2nd February to the 4th. As I am writing this on the 25th December, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Original post by MegBatkin
Is anybody else on here one of the lucky 450 to get accepted for this year's shadowing scheme?? I'm doing English in King's from Feb 2nd- 4th and I'm so excited!!

Might see you guys around.
Reply 66
I'm doing Law at St Johns
Reply 67
I'm shadowing someone in the Natural Science field on the 19th -21st Jan.. Anyone else??
I'm on the 26th-28th January, doing Computer Science at Fitzwilliam.

Anyone else on those days/doing computer science/at Fitzwilliam?
Reply 69
Im doing chemical engineering at pembroke college on 19th - 21st jan
Original post by MegBatkin

Im doing geography at Emmanuel at the same time! Perhaps see you around.
Anybody doing the Engineering Work Shadowing Scheme during the period 19th Jan to the 21st of Jan? :colondollar:
I'll be shadowing a Natural Sciences student from Feb 2nd to Feb 4th.
Reply 73
Original post by Student1914
I'll be shadowing a Natural Sciences student from Feb 2nd to Feb 4th.

Same, I am shadowing a Natural sciences student called Sophie from Feb 2nd to Feb 4th at Queens
Who are you shadowing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thegsss
Same, I am shadowing a Natural sciences student called Sophie from Feb 2nd to Feb 4th at Queens
Who are you shadowing?

Ben from Wolfson college. I think is the same Ben who is on the show University Challenge :eek:.
I'll be shadowing a Psychological and Behaviourial Sciences (PBS) student at Lucy Cavendish from 2nd - 4th Feb.
Has anyone been this week? How was it?
Reply 77
Original post by bonnie_x
Has anyone been this week? How was it?

Incredible experience, nothing better to show you what it's like as a university student there, people couls hardly tell i was a sixth former. Be warned you'll most likely stay in your mentor's room that isn't ensuite so prepare for that. tbh you'll barely spend anytime in your room anyways.

The food was really great, had the welcome meal (3-course) on friday that was interrupted by a fire alarm during the starter lol. I had the vegetarian option which wasn't that great literally just rice with mushroom instead of chicken.

The town is a sight to behold just so pretty has a lot of nature and the colleges are magnificent. i went to 2 lectures one for physics and 1 for macrostructure with my mentor. didn't understand 80% of that second one.

In the evenings we went to the jcr / jp (junior common room / junior playroom) and just hung out with other students. played a bit of snooker and table football against one of the college's pool team members. on the first night i went to see one of the student plays with another shadow and my mentor with his friend.
Original post by hals
Incredible experience, nothing better to show you what it's like as a university student there, people couls hardly tell i was a sixth former. Be warned you'll most likely stay in your mentor's room that isn't ensuite so prepare for that. tbh you'll barely spend anytime in your room anyways.

The food was really great, had the welcome meal (3-course) on friday that was interrupted by a fire alarm during the starter lol. I had the vegetarian option which wasn't that great literally just rice with mushroom instead of chicken.

The town is a sight to behold just so pretty has a lot of nature and the colleges are magnificent. i went to 2 lectures one for physics and 1 for macrostructure with my mentor. didn't understand 80% of that second one.

In the evenings we went to the jcr / jp (junior common room / junior playroom) and just hung out with other students. played a bit of snooker and table football against one of the college's pool team members. on the first night i went to see one of the student plays with another shadow and my mentor with his friend.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :biggrin:

PS anyone else going on the Shadow Scheme in the coming weeks, please tweet @cambtweetcusu - we'd love to see what you're up! #CambTweet is a student-run project on twitter, with students tweeting for most subjects, about what they're up to each day in term. You can tweet them questions any time but also watch out for our dedicated Q&A hours :biggrin:
Original post by hals

Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait until I go next week! I've been told I'm getting my own room :u:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending