The Student Room Group

Should I be worried?

I'm failing at chemistry. My failure follows me wherever I go.
Except, last week, I woke up about 2 o'clock. Mum and dad were arguing. Odd thing - All I could hear mum shouting was random functional groups and display formula to name? wtf is going on with my head
Original post by Sweetpeasw
I'm failing at chemistry. My failure follows me wherever I go.
Except, last week, I woke up about 2 o'clock. Mum and dad were arguing. Odd thing - All I could hear mum shouting was random functional groups and display formula to name? wtf is going on with my head

If what you have written is intended to be literal, then you possibly had auditory hallucinations (maybe due to stress/ tiredness). If this continues, please see your GP asap.
Reply 2
Original post by habeas.corpus
If what you have written is intended to be literal, then you possibly had auditory hallucinations (maybe due to stress/ tiredness). If this continues, please see your GP asap.

I am an insomniac - I usually wake up about 4times in the night and struggle to get back to sleep...
I am an insomniac - I usually wake up about 4times in the night and struggle to get back to sleep...

Have you seen your GP for this? Waking up frequently during sleeping is worse than fewer hours of sleep, because you don't reach the REM stage for long enough.
Reply 4
Have you seen your GP for this? Waking up frequently during sleeping is worse than fewer hours of sleep, because you don't reach the REM stage for long enough.

no because it's so hard to get an appointment, and school really stresses about how i mustn't miss lessons for doctors appointments, because its a level...
no because it's so hard to get an appointment, and school really stresses about how i mustn't miss lessons for doctors appointments, because its a level...

In the long-term your sleeping problems will impact negatively on your grades. Sleep is essential for learning. During REM sleep is when your mind processes your thoughts and all your studying. Without this, you cannot study effectively. Please please see your doctor. Missing one or two lessons isn't going to make you fail. But poor sleep over a long period will.

The fact you cannot sleep and are having auditory hallucinations means your health is being impacted upon. Take care of yourself!
Reply 6
In the long-term your sleeping problems will impact negatively on your grades. Sleep is essential for learning. During REM sleep is when your mind processes your thoughts and all your studying. Without this, you cannot study effectively. Please please see your doctor. Missing one or two lessons isn't going to make you fail. But poor sleep over a long period will.

The fact you cannot sleep and are having auditory hallucinations means your health is being impacted upon. Take care of yourself!

thank you. I will try to book an appointment, see if the GP can do after school ones perhaps... I don't learn very well, can never memorise anything effectively, and dropped from an A to an E in biology in 5 months... tbh I've had insomnia as long as i can remeber, since like 2012 or something...
thank you. I will try to book an appointment, see if the GP can do after school ones perhaps... I don't learn very well, can never memorise anything effectively, and dropped from an A to an E in biology in 5 months... tbh I've had insomnia as long as i can remeber, since like 2012 or something...

I would bet that your concentration and memory problems are directly linked to your poor sleep. Like I said, disrupted sleep seriously impairs your ability to study well. Sleeping is essential. You are probably stressed as well which worsens your memory and sleep.

Please make that appointment asap! You can write down a list of your symptoms and issues so that you make the most of that appointment.

Once your sleep improves, I'm sure your grades will too. Good luck with A-levels and remember look after yourself :smile:.
Reply 8
I would bet that your concentration and memory problems are directly linked to your poor sleep. Like I said, disrupted sleep seriously impairs your ability to study well. Sleeping is essential. You are probably stressed as well which worsens your memory and sleep.

Please make that appointment asap! You can write down a list of your symptoms and issues so that you make the most of that appointment.

Once your sleep improves, I'm sure your grades will too. Good luck with A-levels and remember look after yourself :smile:.

thank you for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest