The Student Room Group

Hugging males in Islam

How Haram is it? I have male friends whom I hug, however I do not date/kiss them. It is normal for me to hug them, I don't feel anything 'sexual.' To me it is like hugging my girl friends, as I consider all my male friends simply friends and they are too close to me for me to like them in a crush way.

Scroll to see replies

Why should you care?
Touching the opposite sex who are not mahram, (related to you) = HARAM !

better do your wudu after those hugs ....
Original post by javedkid123
Touching the opposite sex who are not mahram, (related to you) = HARAM !

better do your wudu after those hugs ....

lol why would you have to make wudu?
Original post by YoloBaggins00
lol why would you have to make wudu?

Wash away dem sins ....
Wash away dem sins ....

uhuh...So, theoretically, I could go around doing bad things and it would be okay because I could just make wudu at the end of the day?
Reply 6
I guess it depends how religious you are. There's always the living a double life option.
Generally physical contact isn't allowed between opposite sexes according to Islam but in the West where things like shaking hands and hugging is a norm, its difficult to implement. Its up to you to know your boundaries :smile: I personally dont have a problem with hugging or shaking hands with the opposite gender but if it can be avoided then I'd avoid it but its whatever... Im not uptight about the little things
(edited 7 years ago)
is this what islam is like..
Given the absence of females in public in many Islamic countries, men in fact tend to be very physically affectionate. In a village in Pakistan, boys would rush up to hold my hand as we walked. I've seen them hug, even kiss. So I wouldn't worry about it. You don't touch Muslim women.
Wash away dem sins ....

I swear you said you left ISLAM. If you left islam why are you still talking about its rules what is haram and halal?
Reply 11
In my opinion God's not gonna throw you in the Hellfire to burn for all eternity for a harmless hug, although He'd appreciate it if you avoided it just for Him.
Reply 12
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I swear you said you left ISLAM. If you left islam why are you still talking about its rules what is haram and halal?

Just because you've left Islam doesn't mean you don't know anything about it anymore. For example if I left Islam and someone asked if pork is haraam to a Muslim, am I not allowed to tell them it's haraam?
It is haram to touch the opposite sex who is non mehram in any way whether that be holding or shaking hands or a hug.

However I do it anyway (shake hands, the friendly hug) because its inevitable in things like job interviews. It would be rude if I didnt shake their hand.

Whenever it is avoidable though, you should try to.

Allah knows your intentions and He knows best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
How Haram is it? I have male friends whom I hug, however I do not date/kiss them. It is normal for me to hug them, I don't feel anything 'sexual.' To me it is like hugging my girl friends, as I consider all my male friends simply friends and they are too close to me for me to like them in a crush way.

Hey, just don't overthink it :/
Original post by sameehaiqbal

However I do it anyway (shake hands, the friendly hug) because its inevitable in things like job interviews. It would be rude if I didnt shake their hand.

Dont you do a bit more than that?
Reply 16
Original post by sameehaiqbal
It is haram to touch the opposite sex who is non mehram in any way whether that be holding or shaking hands or a hug.

Whenever it is avoidable though, you should try to.

Allah knows your intentions and He knows best.

You're always acting like a liberal and sexually free woman whilst preaching islam
This is a complicited religion! How do you keep up with all the rules?
Original post by Anfanny
This is a complicited religion! How do you keep up with all the rules?

There's not much too it. It seems complicated, but it's actually quite simple.
Original post by Lordlen
You're always acting like a liberal and sexually free woman whilst preaching islam

Lol excuse me?

Latest

Trending

Trending