Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Haram is it? I have male friends whom I hug, however I do not date/kiss them. It is normal for me to hug them, I don't feel anything 'sexual.' To me it is like hugging my girl friends, as I consider all my male friends simply friends and they are too close to me for me to like them in a crush way.

Why should you care?

ReputationRep:
    Touching the opposite sex who are not mahram, (related to you) = HARAM !

better do your wudu after those hugs ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Touching the opposite sex who are not mahram, (related to you) = HARAM !

better do your wudu after those hugs ....
    lol why would you have to make wudu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoloBaggins00)
    lol why would you have to make wudu?
    Wash away dem sins ....

ReputationRep:
    Wash away dem sins ....
    uhuh...So, theoretically, I could go around doing bad things and it would be okay because I could just make wudu at the end of the day?

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends how religious you are. There's always the living a double life option.

ReputationRep:
    Generally physical contact isn't allowed between opposite sexes according to Islam but in the West where things like shaking hands and hugging is a norm, its difficult to implement. Its up to you to know your boundaries I personally dont have a problem with hugging or shaking hands with the opposite gender but if it can be avoided then I'd avoid it but its whatever... Im not uptight about the little things

ReputationRep:
    is this what islam is like..

ReputationRep:
    Given the absence of females in public in many Islamic countries, men in fact tend to be very physically affectionate. In a village in Pakistan, boys would rush up to hold my hand as we walked. I've seen them hug, even kiss. So I wouldn't worry about it. You don't touch Muslim women.

ReputationRep:
    Wash away dem sins ....
    I swear you said you left ISLAM. If you left islam why are you still talking about its rules what is haram and halal?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion God's not gonna throw you in the Hellfire to burn for all eternity for a harmless hug, although He'd appreciate it if you avoided it just for Him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I swear you said you left ISLAM. If you left islam why are you still talking about its rules what is haram and halal?
    Just because you've left Islam doesn't mean you don't know anything about it anymore. For example if I left Islam and someone asked if pork is haraam to a Muslim, am I not allowed to tell them it's haraam?

ReputationRep:
    It is haram to touch the opposite sex who is non mehram in any way whether that be holding or shaking hands or a hug.

However I do it anyway (shake hands, the friendly hug) because its inevitable in things like job interviews. It would be rude if I didnt shake their hand.

Whenever it is avoidable though, you should try to.

Allah knows your intentions and He knows best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How Haram is it? I have male friends whom I hug, however I do not date/kiss them. It is normal for me to hug them, I don't feel anything 'sexual.' To me it is like hugging my girl friends, as I consider all my male friends simply friends and they are too close to me for me to like them in a crush way.
    Hey, just don't overthink it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    However I do it anyway (shake hands, the friendly hug) because its inevitable in things like job interviews. It would be rude if I didnt shake their hand.
    Dont you do a bit more than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    It is haram to touch the opposite sex who is non mehram in any way whether that be holding or shaking hands or a hug.

Whenever it is avoidable though, you should try to.

Allah knows your intentions and He knows best.
    You're always acting like a liberal and sexually free woman whilst preaching islam

ReputationRep:
    This is a complicited religion! How do you keep up with all the rules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    This is a complicited religion! How do you keep up with all the rules?
    There's not much too it. It seems complicated, but it's actually quite simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lordlen)
    You're always acting like a liberal and sexually free woman whilst preaching islam
    Lol excuse me?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.