The Student Room Group

Should I listen to what people say about her?

Keep anon or delete.

After several years as a single man, I decided to try online dating. I met this woman who seemed perfect and we hit it off. But she suddenly stopped replying to my messages. After about a week, my friend asked one of her work colleagues if the girl in question was okay - to which she replied "X has done this to many guys that I know of."

Therefore, with this is mind, I blocked her from all social media. Until recently, in a moment of impetulance I decided to unblock her, she messaged me asking what happened, and said she just wanted a break from social media. I didn't really believe this but there's not exactly a queue of women looking to go out with me, so I continued our conversation.

The crux of it is, we have decided to go on a date this week; although I think there's a chance she'll either stand me up or cancel. The question I want to ask, is should I give her a chance, or just listen to what her work colleague said? She denied she was like this and said her work colleague was spreading vicious rumours. Advice?
Reply 1
Did you ask her why she stopped replying to your texts? You said she wanted a break from social media, I highly doubt she abondoned her phone completely :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your work colleague could just be **** stirring? I do know people who have just taken breaks from social media. Or they've been too busy (or been somewhere with no internet / mobile - although I've had a warning beforehand) to reply. But that's usually been a week at most.
Reply 3
It's a tough one. Perhaps you should go on the date and if she stands you up, then at least you know for sure she's not right for you. Rumours could be spread out of spite and it may have been a coincidence that she did decide to take a break from social media, but still, she could have replied to your texts... Still give her a chance though.
Original post by Anonymous
Keep anon or delete.

After several years as a single man, I decided to try online dating. I met this woman who seemed perfect and we hit it off. But she suddenly stopped replying to my messages. After about a week, my friend asked one of her work colleagues if the girl in question was okay - to which she replied "X has done this to many guys that I know of."

Therefore, with this is mind, I blocked her from all social media. Until recently, in a moment of impetulance I decided to unblock her, she messaged me asking what happened, and said she just wanted a break from social media. I didn't really believe this but there's not exactly a queue of women looking to go out with me, so I continued our conversation.

The crux of it is, we have decided to go on a date this week; although I think there's a chance she'll either stand me up or cancel. The question I want to ask, is should I give her a chance, or just listen to what her work colleague said? She denied she was like this and said her work colleague was spreading vicious rumours. Advice?

No brainer you should giver her the benefit of the doubt and go on the date. 100% certain is if you dont take the sall risk then you will never know. She has denied it and so you should give her the chance. Its only a date and not marriage..
Reply 5
Original post by A321
Did you ask her why she stopped replying to your texts? You said she wanted a break from social media, I highly doubt she abondoned her phone completely :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt have her number, but yes you're right I'd imagine that the social media messages would have come up on her phone.
Reply 6
Original post by Tiger Rag
Your work colleague could just be **** stirring? I do know people who have just taken breaks from social media. Or they've been too busy (or been somewhere with no internet / mobile - although I've had a warning beforehand) to reply. But that's usually been a week at most.

It was roughly a week, and I decided to block her, not sure why, I guess I was just annoyed. Its not my work colleague, I've never met this person before that's why I wonder why she would say something that is supposedly untrue.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
It's a tough one. Perhaps you should go on the date and if she stands you up, then at least you know for sure she's not right for you. Rumours could be spread out of spite and it may have been a coincidence that she did decide to take a break from social media, but still, she could have replied to your texts... Still give her a chance though.

I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but my gut reaction is that something is wrong
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
No brainer you should giver her the benefit of the doubt and go on the date. 100% certain is if you dont take the sall risk then you will never know. She has denied it and so you should give her the chance. Its only a date and not marriage..

I'm leaning more to this idea.
I'm leaning more to this idea.

You are overthnking it.

Open mind go on date and until she gives you reason to doubt then give her the benefit of it. How would you like it if someone said the same about you and someone decided not to have contact?

If she doesnt show then you have your answer.
You are overthnking it.

Open mind go on date and until she gives you reason to doubt then give her the benefit of it. How would you like it if someone said the same about you and someone decided not to have contact?

If she doesnt show then you have your answer.

Yeah you're right I regret blocking her. I should just judge her based on how she presents herself to me.
Yeah you're right I regret blocking her. I should just judge her based on how she presents herself to me.

Say that on the date. Everyone deserves a chance or at least until you have better evidence.
Say that on the date. Everyone deserves a chance or at least until you have better evidence.

Exactly thanks for your help
Since when does one person equate to people?

You should change your thread to "should I listen to what this one random woman who I don't know at all said about her". And then your answer may become more clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending