The Student Room Group

How to deal it?

My girlfriend talks to guy best friend from a long time. I feel possessive but couldn't ask her not to talk him because I know she will not feel certainly my emotions and get angry. I also know him, he is a total red flag. What to do with this possessiveness without telling her? Bcz there's no benefit of telling her this? How to deal with this? Should I move on by leaving her with him?
no, you shouldn't move on and "leave her with him", she's probably just trying to connect with a friend. you could talk about your concerns about him with her (not your possesiveness, just the things that make him a red flag to you). you could also talk to him as well. and remember that your gf might have other friends and that's ok.
Reply 2
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
no, you shouldn't move on and "leave her with him", she's probably just trying to connect with a friend. you could talk about your concerns about him with her (not your possesiveness, just the things that make him a red flag to you). you could also talk to him as well. and remember that your gf might have other friends and that's ok.

I know she will listen to me but she will never listen about that guy. Rather she will try to convince me 'just go with flow' and accept that person in our life and that's not acceptable for me. Any suggestions?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I know she will listen to me but she will never listen about that guy. Rather she will try to convince me 'just go with flow' and accept that person in our life and that's not acceptable for me. Any suggestions?

no not really. sometimes you have to accept the fact that your partner is going to have other people in their life that you don't like, just don't hang out with him, but you can't control who she hangs out with, only who you associate with
Reply 4
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86

no not really. sometimes you have to accept the fact that your partner is going to have other people in their life that you don't like, just don't hang out with him, but you can't control who she hangs out with, only who you associate with

What if she share everything with him on text or call even her intimate things, should I still ignore it? 😔
Original post by Anonymous #1
What if she share everything with him on text or call even her intimate things, should I still ignore it? 😔

yes.
however, if you feel you can't ignore it then you should consider a break-up or even just a break from your relationship. it's never good to feel possesive or jealous when in a relationship with someone, that can lead to feelings of mistrust and then the whole thing can spiral downhill
Reply 6
Treat him with icy destain and her with sweetness and light. The best way to hold on to a desirable partner is to be totally non-possessive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending