The Student Room Group

I'm sick and tired of being the minority.

I live in London, everyone here leans left. And I lean right. It sucks when you have to justify every single opinion you hold but other people's opinions are the default position. Especially with how everyone on the left now are kinda trigger happy with calling folks racist, fascist, bigot, etc.

Anyone out there that shares the struggle of having to explain why spending a **** tonne of money is not good for the economy?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The UK is slowly becoming a weaker country by the minute.
Our economy is becoming worse and worse, so is our military power.
By 2050, we'd be out of the game, so that's why i'm gonna move to the US or China.
Move to the countryside, you will be welcomed with open arms.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase
Oh poor you, if only you could live in a country with a strongly right-wing majority governm- oh, wait.

It's not about living under anyone's rule, it's about being socially ostracized and or vilified for holding a different opinion.
Original post by Plagioclase
Oh poor you

Don't be so patronising.
Original post by Willy Pete
Move to the countryside, you will be welcomed with open arms.

If I'm moving anywhere it would probably be the states. There is a bigger appreciation and understanding for freedom over there
Maybe you should just accept the fact that by holding any right of centre view you officially a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic, heteronormative, cisnormative, antisemitic, microaggressive bigot and thus you are LITERALLY HITLER!!!!!!!!!!1111

Spoiler

Original post by HeroinAddict
If I'm moving anywhere it would probably be the states. There is a bigger appreciation and understanding for freedom over there

I will join you, that is my dream.
Reply 8
Just do what most righties do and rant on the internet
I live in London, everyone here leans left. And I lean right. It sucks when you have to justify every single opinion you hold but other people's opinions are the default position. Especially with how everyone on the left now are kinda trigger happy with calling folks racist, fascist, bigot, etc.

Anyone out there that shares the struggle of having to explain why spending a **** tonne of money is not good for the economy?

This is terrible. Why cant you find friends who have your point of view or join groups or activities who do? You dont really say what your views are to see whether they warrant being called a racist, fascist, bigot.

It's good you have a goal in life. Maybe make political friends over there so you have contacts and a network of friends for when you get there.
Original post by jambojim97
Maybe you should just accept the fact that by holding any right of centre view you officially a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic, heteronormative, cisnormative, antisemitic, microaggressive bigot and thus you are LITERALLY HITLER!!!!!!!!!!1111

Spoiler

Holy I've never thought of it that way. I just might be.
Original post by Nerry
Just do what most righties do and rant on the internet

And that's why I'm here!
Original post by 999tigger
This is terrible. Why cant you find friends who have your point of view or join groups or activities who do? You dont really say what your views are to see whether they warrant being called a racist, fascist, bigot.

My views are a bit unconventional, I'm an american-style libertarian. Hard to find folks in the UK that share my beliefs and that's fine.
My views are a bit unconventional, I'm an american-style libertarian. Hard to find folks in the UK that share my beliefs and that's fine.

Arent there websites and forums you can hang out on?. Seems you would fit better in America.
Original post by 999tigger
Arent there websites and forums you can hang out on?. Seems you would fit better in America.

Yeah there are, and I'm fine on that front. And yes I would, In beautiful New Hampshire or the lovely south in Texas. One day.

Thanks for the concern though! :smile:

The king, the pauper, the one from the right, the one from the left... everyone shall ultimately waltz with the great leveler. Don't worry dear friend your anguishes shall cease to exist... soon ~
Original post by AishaGirl
The last thing we need is your kind infecting our capital.

"Your kind"

Lmao

Edit: CT/ST removed the comment, how intolerant of them, however expected.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AishaGirl
The last thing we need is your kind infecting our capital.

That's nice of you...
Reply 19

You should considering this as an opportunity, if your views are more sensible than other and you can defend them logically and rationally, you can show people why what you think is best when you justify your views.

Quick Reply

Latest