The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU Fashion Business and Promotion 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cathzeta10
does anyone know anything about the new course fashion branding and communication? reading the course content it sounds alot like something i'd enjoy doing compared to the business and promotion course. did anyone apply for it?
i wonder if i can switch courses?

Hi cathzeta10,

Fashion Branding and Communication is more to do with the visual and branding side of fashion, so it would be a great choice if you're looking to work on the more creative side of the industry. The course would develop your written and graphic design skills and prepare you for roles including a fashion stylist, blogger or a photographer.

However, if you're more interested in the business side of fashion then Fashion Business and Promotion would be the better choice. You would learn more about marketing, retail strategy, merchandising and buying, which would set you up for a number of retail roles.

If you would like to switch courses it would be a good idea to get in touch with our Admissions team who will be able to help you further. You can email them on [email protected] or call 0121 331 6295.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask if you have any other questions! :smile:

Kiran
The BCU Team
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi cathzeta10,

Fashion Branding and Communication is more to do with the visual and branding side of fashion, so it would be a great choice if you're looking to work on the more creative side of the industry. The course would develop your written and graphic design skills and prepare you for roles including a fashion stylist, blogger or a photographer.

However, if you're more interested in the business side of fashion then Fashion Business and Promotion would be the better choice. You would learn more about marketing, retail strategy, merchandising and buying, which would set you up for a number of retail roles.

If you would like to switch courses it would be a good idea to get in touch with our Admissions team who will be able to help you further. You can email them on [email protected] or call 0121 331 6295.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask if you have any other questions! :smile:

Kiran
The BCU Team

thanks for the reply. yeah i'm more interested in the visual and branding side of fashion to be honest. i'll get in contact with admissions about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending