The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yudothis
And what is resistance? Lol. What an utterly uninformed post.

If you don't know what resistance is then clearly the most you know about fitness is how to use a treadmill. Jokes on you here lol
Original post by zero766
If you don't know what resistance is then clearly the most you know about fitness is how to use a treadmill. Jokes on you here lol

So you cannot answer the question, can you? That was obvious since you think "weights" is the only thing that provides "resistance".
Barbell Squats will be your best friend.

Just like the muscles in your arm and legs get bigger when you exercise them so does your butt.

Also change your diet and have lots of protein.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yudothis
So you cannot answer the question, can you? That was obvious since you think "weights" is the only thing that provides "resistance".

I said do squats with resistance, which is likely to be a barbell with weights on it. Don't be petty and pick at each word when you are fully aware of what I meant.
Original post by zero766
I said do squats with resistance, which is likely to be a barbell with weights on it. Don't be petty and pick at each word when you are fully aware of what I meant.

You liar.

"Body weight exercises are useless. You need some resistance."
Reply 25
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Barbell Squats will be your best friend.

Just like the muscles in your arm and legs get bigger when you exercise them so does your butt.

Also change your diet and have lots of protein.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So far I've been working out with a kettlebell for the past week or so, doing various variations of squats, lunges, hip thursts and all that, and I can definitely "feel" it if you know what I mean. Maybe one day I will pluck up the courage to go to the gym, but for now I'm quite limited to what I have available at home. I'm trying to increase my protein too, even looking at some protein shakes cause I really struggle to eat much protein in my meals.
I have virtually no body fat yet I have a FABULOUS boibooty because of the amount of walking and swimming I do. Toned butts need muscle not fat.

:nyoron:

do squats, lunges with booty bands, bands are good for toning butt.
Reply 28
Deadlifts are the one for me, I’m losing weight and toning atm and honestly I’ve seen results quicker this way, also running and interval walking/running helps reduce cellulite which helps with the appearance of your bum, your building muscle, just make sure you’re eating enough and healthily, weights also help with weight/fat loss. Focus on body fat% to muscle mass%
Reply 29
Original post by Lydia8
Deadlifts are the one for me, I’m losing weight and toning atm and honestly I’ve seen results quicker this way, also running and interval walking/running helps reduce cellulite which helps with the appearance of your bum, your building muscle, just make sure you’re eating enough and healthily, weights also help with weight/fat loss
. Focus on body fat% to muscle mass%

Also weighted courtesy lunges are amazing
A doctor on tiktok said how the process of building muscle isn't energy dependent. He said you can grown muscle in a calorie deficit so long as you are giving the muscles the correct signals I.e., weight training and consuming enough protein. I hope this helps

Latest