The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AimeeHollie09
Its a group conversation, so someone from within would have to add you to it. But I'm sure we can get you added!

Add me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
How many accommodation choices do you get and how soon do you get made offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VictoriaCoolio
How many accommodation choices do you get and how soon do you get made offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get three choices and you get made offers around a week or two after.
Original post by akil97
How can I get added to it?

Private message me your Facebook link and I'll you in!
Original post by VictoriaCoolio

Private message me your Facebook link and I'll you in!
Name:Tasha
Subjects:h:istory,English Lit,Psychology and Government and Politics
Course: Law
Entry requirements:AAA

Sorry I'm so late! 😂

What is the likelihood of getting my first preference for Self Catered accommodation (studio ensuite broad gate)? I only applied this morning so I'm quite worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Name: Aidan
Course: Computer Science
Entry requirements: Unconditional

Just accepted my offer. Will be applying for self catered accomodation.
Reply 867
Offer for law A*AA and put as firm! Anyone else in same position?
Name: Charlie
Course: Law (M100)
Entry requirements: AAA

Only just firmed Nottingham, hopefully this hasn't put me at a disadvantage in applying for accommodation :redface:.

I had a really tough time deciding between Warwick and Nottingham as well. I felt I liked the course and lecturers at Warwick, but Nottingham had a better, less 'babied' vibe about it, with the option of going out into the city far more easily.

Also going to the Law UCAS visit day on the 22nd April, since I managed to miss the one on the 5th :angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cupholder
Name: Charlie
Course: Law (M100)
Entry requirements: AAA

Only just firmed Nottingham, hopefully this hasn't put me at a disadvantage in applying for accommodation :redface:.

I had a really tough time deciding between Warwick and Nottingham as well. I felt I liked the course and lecturers at Warwick, but Nottingham had a better, less 'babied' vibe about it, with the option of going out into the city far more easily.

Also going to the Law UCAS visit day on the 22nd April, since I managed to miss the one on the 5th :angry:

Ugh same i struggled deciding betweeen Nottingham and Sheffield. I just hope i made the right decision :cry:

Im going to Nottingham on that day too!!! :smile:

Even though im going for something else, i might see your group as i have to meet in the law and social sciences building :tongue:
Original post by kiiten
Ugh same i struggled deciding betweeen Nottingham and Sheffield. I just hope i made the right decision :cry:

Im going to Nottingham on that day too!!! :smile:

Even though im going for something else, i might see your group as i have to meet in the law and social sciences building :tongue:

Awesome :biggrin: what are you going there for?

I will likely be the tired one realising that the trip was totally worth the £75 train ticket and getting up at 5am to catch a 6am train :h:
Original post by Cupholder
Awesome :biggrin: what are you going there for?

I will likely be the tired one realising that the trip was totally worth the £75 train ticket and getting up at 5am to catch a 6am train :h:

A revision/summer school reunion day :smile:

#priorities lool. Hahah sorry but that made me laugh xD Hey at least its not as bad as waking up at 5.30am everday for school T-T. Trains are so expensive thats why i prefer coach.
Location - London
Subjects- Maths Biology Chemistry
Course- Maths and Management
Entry requirements for course- A*AA
Name: Ifrah
subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Math, Photography
Course: Architectural and Environmental Design
Entry requirement: AAB
I was wondering if anyone has ever lived at Nottingham Two? (Used Nottingham One and whatever name they used).

How did you find it?
Reply 875
name: zoe
a levels: music, french, maths, spanish (achieved last year)
course: music
offer: unconditional if firm, AB if insurance
other offers: Cambridge, Leeds (2 different courses), Durham

I have an offer from Cambridge and I'm getting a lot of pressure from people (not my friends, mostly my family) to accept it but I don't know if i want to. In the long term, Cambridge would of course bring more opportunities and open more doors for me, but I just think I would be so much happier at Nottingham. Thoughts?
Original post by treble9

I have an offer from Cambridge and I'm getting a lot of pressure from people (not my friends, mostly my family) to accept it but I don't know if i want to. In the long term, Cambridge would of course bring more opportunities and open more doors for me, but I just think I would be so much happier at Nottingham. Thoughts?

I've heard Cambridge isn't that big of a deal and intense and depressing and lots of students have mental health issues. I'd say go with Nottingham because it's unconditional.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got allocated rutland hall, the location seems great but does anyone know anything more?
what are the rooms like? I didnt see on open day, whats the social life /people like? Also is the catered food okay? (im not expecting anything amazing but hey bearable would be nice)
Original post by treble9

In terms of graduate employability Nottingham isnt that bad. If you truly think you'll be much happier at Nottingham, go for it. No point being miserable for 3 years doing a course at a uni you aren't happy at.
Original post by sevenfourthree
Just got allocated rutland hall, the location seems great but does anyone know anything more?
what are the rooms like? I didnt see on open day, whats the social life /people like? Also is the catered food okay? (im not expecting anything amazing but hey bearable would be nice)

I walked through it when I went on the applicant day. It is pretty nice but the guide (who was at Rutland in his first year) said there was an inside joke about Rutland with all the other halls :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending