The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevenfourthree
Just got allocated rutland hall, the location seems great but does anyone know anything more?
what are the rooms like? I didnt see on open day, whats the social life /people like? Also is the catered food okay? (im not expecting anything amazing but hey bearable would be nice)

lol rutland is known to be the worst hall
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by TrafLaw
lol rutland is known to be the worst hall

Oh ffs my luck, why is that? facilities? People?
Original post by VictoriaCoolio
Do international rankings matter for Mathematics? Also I plan on maybe working abroad after my degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To an extent yeah. You could always do a semester abroad while you're on your course..
Original post by sevenfourthree
Oh ffs my luck, why is that? facilities? People?

Hahaha noo its mainly to do with student accommo rivalry :smile:
Name: Victoria
A Levels: French, Politics & Biology
Course: Modern Languages with Business
Offer: ABB
Name: sofia
A levels: Classical Civilisation, Art, English Lit
Course: Classics
Offer: AAB
Original post by sofia.ambrosius
Name: sofia
A levels: Classical Civilisation, Art, English Lit
Course: Classics
Offer: AAB

Finally! Someone else in the same department as me! 😃
Original post by AimeeHollie09
Finally! Someone else in the same department as me! 😃

Oh cool, what course are you doing? :smile:
Original post by sofia.ambrosius
Oh cool, what course are you doing? :smile:

Ancient history
Name: Abdalla
Course: EEE
Offer: This is where it gets complicated. I applied through foundation year and not A levels unlike most people here. 60% was the requirement anyway.
Ps I've been in Nottingham for a year now since I did my foundation year. If anyone has any questions about anything I'm happy to help. Hoping to meet some friends here from different departments since meeting people from anywhere other than engineering during term proved to be a difficult task.
If anyone wants to know if a specific room/ hall is available I can take a look I have not sent my accommodation off yet so have full access.
Original post by Aidan.reed
If anyone wants to know if a specific room/ hall is available I can take a look I have not sent my accommodation off yet so have full access.

Anything at all available on the central zone (Derby / Hugh Stewart)? That's what I put the majority of my preferences into, I hope they weren't wasted :redface:
Original post by Cupholder
Anything at all available on the central zone (Derby / Hugh Stewart)? That's what I put the majority of my preferences into, I hope they weren't wasted :redface:

Hey central zone currently have these:

Shared Study*

Shared Study

Single Study Plus*

Shared Bathroom Plus*

Single Study Plus

Can't see anywhere what the '*' means I'm assuming running low as most of the other catered accommodation available doesn't have it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey central zone currently have these:

Shared Study* Shared Study Single Study Plus* Shared Bathroom Plus* Single Study Plus Can't see anywhere what the '*' means I'm assuming running low as most of the other catered accommodation available doesn't have it :smile:

Thank you! Glad there's still some single study pluses left, I thought they would be gone instantly :biggrin: Hope I can snap up an offer on central zone, it would be a 4 minute walk to the law school :u:
Original post by Cupholder
Thank you! Glad there's still some single study pluses left, I thought they would be gone instantly :biggrin: Hope I can snap up an offer on central zone, it would be a 4 minute walk to the law school :u:

Hopefully you'll get your choice. I'm not sure how quickly that page gets updated but I know it's relatively accurate as I can't find some room types as they've all gone.

I have no idea where I'm applying I'm on Jubilee campus so I'm stuck between Broadgate Park and Raleigh. It would be sweet to have a 4 minute walk!
Reply 895

Hey, could you help me check the rooms/halls currently available in University Park North Zone? Thank you!!
Name- Holly. Amen
Location- KFC Mill end
Subjects- R.E
Course- Law
Entry requirement- CDDU ( Got the the U already!!)
Im tuss enough
Original post by conorb025
Name- Holly. Amen
Location- KFC Mill end
Subjects- R.E
Course- Law
Entry requirement- CDDU ( Got the the U already!!)
Reply 898
Hi postgrads starting 2017,
I am looking for someone that wants to take over my lease in Raleigh Park in standard ensuite, as I going to live with a friend.
The flat was pretty and comfy, and the staff very helpful plus I felt really happy here.

If anyone is interested, please let me know :smile:)

And good luck to you all in your new courses, you will love Nottingham!
Reply 899
i'm pretty sure the * means it's a 39 week contract so you don't have to move all your belongings out over the holidays!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending