The Student Room Group

I lost 10 kg in 2 months!

I lost 10 kg in 2 months by following exercise and balanced diet.

The first month 'I lost 6 kg and the second month I lost 4kg.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sena5

Well done, that's amazing! :yay:

What sort of exercises did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
Well done, that's amazing! :yay:

What sort of exercises did you do?

I did time works machine per day for 45 minutes without break. I sometimes take half filled water bottles and do hand exercise for 5 minutes. However, I do not exercise when I have my mensus.

I carefully check my intake as well.
Reply 3
Original post by Sena5

Congratulations! :clap2:

What exactly did you eat? :smile:
Well done. Now comes the hard part.... keeping the weight off.
Reply 5
Original post by Michiyo
Congratulations! :clap2:

What exactly did you eat? :smile:

What I ate? :smile:

I stopped morning coffee/tea and replaced it with hot water mixed with bee honey. It's a way to lose weight. You can google this.
TheN i do 45 minutes of time works exercise non-stop with music on for motivation.
after that, i wash and get ready to work.
I have cereal in the morning, a special type specific for weight loss. It is 98% no fat. With this cereal, I put non-fat milk and eat. I do not prefer low fat or full cream. This cereal is called Special K Kellogg's cereal (i took the original cereal that has no flavour added) I have attached the image.
I have an apple in the evening. (use a big green apple, not red apple: -Why? Google it)
In the night I eat a meal that is not heavy but very light. Sometimes you still might feel hungry. In this case, eat one baby carrot removing the peel.
Following this routine, I lost 6 kilos in a month.
For lunch if you can have a big green apple or some cream cracker biscuits.
Anyway, during this month I had one piece of cake and two rolls. Not everyday of the month but just one day I had that piece of cake and the other day two rolls. only two days in that month.
If you still feel hungry during lunch have a yoghurt. Always check the fat and carbohydrate percentage on the ingredients of the item u purchase.
To lose more you can have green tea after every meal. I did not do as i keep forgetting. You might lose more in that case.
Reply 6
Original post by Quantex
Well done. Now comes the hard part.... keeping the weight off.

true but still its all good.

Just never try to get sad which automatically without eating puts cholesterol and makes u fat. It's refreshing and makes us active.
Well done. Keep up the good work :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Fitness Basics
I'm sorry but this isn't very good advice. Loosing 10Kg in 2 months isn't healthy or smart. The lifestyle you described seems tough and you probably won't be able to sustain it for very long. You aren't eating a lot and your exercise sounds demanding. I suggest you eat a bit more and exercise less. A depriving weight loss plan like yours will break down at some point.

Please cite the studies which prove this.
Original post by Pagan91
Please cite the studies which prove this.

You don't need studies. Eating too little and exercising too much isn't healthy. 10kg in two months isn't too bad but from her description it is clear that she is avoiding fat, which is necessary for our body to function. She ate a small breakfast and then a "light" dinner. For 45 minutes of daily exercise that is way too little.
Original post by Sena5

I stopped morning coffee/tea and replaced it with hot water mixed with bee honey. It's a way to lose weight. You can google this.
TheN i do 45 minutes of time works exercise non-stop with music on for motivation.
I have cereal in the morning, a special type specific for weight loss. It is 98% no fat. With this cereal, I put non-fat milk and eat. I do not prefer low fat or full cream. This cereal is called Special K Kellogg's cereal (i took the original cereal that has no flavour added) I have attached the image.
I have an apple in the evening. (use a big green apple, not red apple: -Why? Google it)
In the night I eat a meal that is not heavy but very light. Sometimes you still might feel hungry. In this case, eat one baby carrot removing the peel.
Anyway, during this month I had one piece of cake and two rolls. Not everyday of the month but just one day I had that piece of cake and the other day two rolls. only two days in that month.
If you still feel hungry during lunch have a yoghurt. Always check the fat and carbohydrate percentage on the ingredients of the item u purchase.
To lose more you can have green tea after every meal. I did not do as i keep forgetting. You might lose more in that case.

None of this surprises me. Essentially, you starved yourself with an unbalanced, faddy diet.

'eat one baby carrot, removing the peel'...

I'm sorry to say, but this really isn't the way to go about it. Of course you lost 10kg eating like this. And when you go back to eating with any semblance of 'normality', you'll regain all 10kg plus a little bit extra to be safe. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to make lots of little long-term changes to your diet which are sensible and sustainable.
Reply 11
Original post by Fitness Basics
You don't need studies. Eating too little and exercising too much isn't healthy. 10kg in two months isn't too bad but from her description it is clear that she is avoiding fat, which is necessary for our body to function. She ate a small breakfast and then a "light" dinner. For 45 minutes of daily exercise that is way too little.

Actually so long as the body has fat reserves it is perfectly fine to have a radical calorie deficit. The fact humans have had to go months without food regularly throughout human history makes it reasonable to assert that "there is no unsafe way to lose weight" (when you're overweight).
Original post by Pagan91
Actually so long as the body has fat reserves it is perfectly fine to have a radical calorie deficit. The fact humans have had to go months without food regularly throughout human history makes it reasonable to assert that "there is no unsafe way to lose weight" (when you're overweight).

I'm sorry but that is simply untrue. When you place yourself in a caloric deficit you cut calories across all macro nutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats). When your fat reserves are burnt during a caloric deficit they are broken down into glucose to be provided to body cells for respiration. Your fat reserve will not actually serve as fats but it will just replace your body's main energy source. Also people didn't consume food for long periods of time in history because they had no choice. When a person who can get a big mac from across the road deprives herself and makes herself feel bad she will cheat because she has a choice. This will then lead to her diet failing. I'm sorry but you are wrong. Depriving yourself of fats will put you are harm no matter how much excess fat you have.
I remember your mum was teasing you about this. Good on you for taking initiative, it just shows people who say losing weight is hard are lazy liars.
Original post by Sena5

Low fat foods are not the way to go. The biggest enemy is sugar. And by the sounds of it you have simply starved yourself.
You need to drastically improve your diet (protein and vegetables) or you will quickly become malnourished.

And the claims about eating a green tea and difference in the colour of the apple I find highly questionable. Any actual evidence for this i.e studies not websites?
(edited 6 years ago)
I too can lose 10 kg in 2 months...if I cut off my leg. I don't think losing that much in such a short time is good for your health, especially if you're in your teens
Reply 16
Can i get your diet and exercise plan
Reply 17
10 kg in 2 months I think it is a little to much ... take care with the skin.
This is the most apt question for me.First point is please avoid sugar in all forms as it increases your weight drastically.Have green tea with honey both in the morning and in the eve time.Use apple cider vinegar if you could as it also assists weight loss.If you are thinking of weight loss please leave the habit of eating white rice,you can eat brown rice or chappatis . Coming to the break fast you can go with idli or dosa you are restricted to eat less than 4 idlis and 4 dosas.Between your BF and lunch eat an apple or drink some milk.For the lunch please avoid white rice completely eat 3 chappatis with vegetable salad and curd , eat egg whites…if you are a vegan have some panner.For the eve time drink a glass of green tea and 3 nutrichoice biscuits.For the dinner go for fruits…you can have any fruit and you can have as may as you want.If you are very hungry have sprouts during the eve time
Follow this plan with your exercise and gym session as much as possible and please avoid cheat meal on weekends for these two months(Indian workouts)
Hey guys,I want to lose some weight and i've been considering several diets and plans etc. I have heard a few this about this site but i'm not sure if its legit or not? The website promotes red tea detox? anyone heard of this or even tried it themselves?Please let me know guys I need help!!!! fitnesshelp264499878.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Latest