The Student Room Group

Does anyone here actually enjoy their part time job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by squeakysquirrel
I worked in the cash office and on the tills. I realised that this was not going to be my life and I took monumental decisions..... and my life has never been the same. But I am always kind to till workers and shop assistants. And waiters... and nurses .. in fact anyone serving the general public

Cool.

If you do not mind me asking, how old are you and how much did they pay you?

Also, how long were you there for?
Original post by BigBadAsh
£9.77 per hour before commission, and you get three types of commission.

I know it's not the same in competitor companies though..

I could be completely wrong, and some industries could be just as competitive now

Wow that's good pay I get 5.21 at one if my works and £7.50 at my other
Reply 22
£9.77 per hour before commission, and you get three types of commission.

I know it's not the same in competitor companies though..

I could be completely wrong, and some industries could be just as competitive now

ahhh lucky. I am just on 7.50 :frown:
Original post by mrbr2671999
Wow that's good pay I get 5.21 at one if my works and £7.50 at my other

Original post by loveleest
ahhh lucky. I am just on 7.50 :frown:

What do you guys do? And do you guys enjoy your jobs?
Reply 24

Waitressing and meh...it's okay. rude managers and some rude staff I have to deal with but most of the staff are really friendly so it's okay :smile:
Original post by Blackstarr
Cool.

If you do not mind me asking, how old are you and how much did they pay you?

Also, how long were you there for?

I am very old - I have three children - but I did a year there. It was great - money in my pocket and a degree of independence. I now have a degree and a professional qualification. But a healthy respect for shop workers

Retail and Retail (Food) :biggrin:
Original post by squeakysquirrel
I am very old - I have three children - but I did a year there. It was great - money in my pocket and a degree of independence. I now have a degree and a professional qualification. But a healthy respect for shop workers

Cool.:smile:
I love mine
I have three,
one is minimum wage
one is £8.41
and one is £8.81

but i genuienly enjoy the work i do and it's relevant to my future career as well =D
Reply 29
I work as a cashier at B&Q and I generally dislike it due to being short staffed and very quiet during the week so I'm usually working alone with no one to talk to. On weekends it's rather busy and we have extra staff who most of them are my favourite colleagues. I'm in fact an IT graduate from last year with no work experience, so had to start somewhere. However I'm still hunting for an IT job but I'm also hoping to stay at B&Q on weekends only if I can.
It's **** lol. I do it for the £££'s.
I also don't have a job, I really need to get one as soon as exams end because I am so broke. Any tips on finding a job?
I really dislike my job. It's not even that the works boring or that I'm not suited to the job. But my managers suck and it's such an unpleasant atmosphere to be in. I'm only there for the money, thankfully I'm good at my job so I'll be staying

I also start my second job at Gregg's on saturday

Out of interest, how did you get your first and second job and how long have you been in your first job?
Original post by Blackstarr
Out of interest, how did you get your first and second job and how long have you been in your first job?

For my first one I had to have a group and individual individual interview, I don't even know how I got my job because I didn't stand out, apparently it was because I displayed a lot of confidence. I've been there 3 months now.

For my second job I applied like 4 months ago, then 1 week ago and I got an interview and it was pretty casual and they said I got it.
Reply 34
Try an agency?

Original post by anonest
I also don't have a job, I really need to get one as soon as exams end because I am so broke. Any tips on finding a job?
For my first one I had to have a group and individual individual interview, I don't even know how I got my job because I didn't stand out, apparently it was because I displayed a lot of confidence. I've been there 3 months now.

For my second job I applied like 4 months ago, then 1 week ago and I got an interview and it was pretty casual and they said I got it.

Ok. What were the interview questions like for both/ what questions did they ask?
I just know that whatever job I get I won't like it, that's how I stopped giving a sh*t. I'm being serious
Yeah, the first 3 days of my first ever job i couldnt stop. even tho now that i quit lol. It was a VERY hard job for such little money smh. putting my ass on the line fo dese peeps
Reply 38
Original post by emerald7770
Yeah, the first 3 days of my first ever job i couldnt stop. even tho now that i quit lol. It was a VERY hard job for such little money smh. putting my ass on the line fo dese peeps

How much was the pay and what did you do?
Original post by loveleest
How much was the pay and what did you do?

£4 something and it was because i'm under the age of 17. Domiciliary care work and i had to travel so far. Wasted money and time. That little pay isn't worth all the stuff i had to do. Wash people's ass and change their pampers for £4? I did enjoy speaking to some of my clients. some are so sweet and don't give you a hard time. I had this client who always had me on the first day, saying she wanted a new carer because i can't do shite right. but i am getting a job after i turn 17 in 3 weeks, its the same thing except its in my area and its £7-10 an hour so a lot more worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending