The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Early Arrival Options?

As an international student I would really like to arrive the week before everything starts, say Sept. 15, does anyone know if there are accommodation options for this? I have an email into BGP and UoN's Accomodation office asking essentially the same thing, but does anyone know off hand if early move in is possible? Thanks!
Most don't start until freshers week, 24th or thereabouts. The only way you can get round it is rent a 2nd/3rd years house for a week but obviously that will involve transporting your stuff to your uni accommodation. The time in September is used to prep the rooms so it's really hard to get them to start before but as an international you may be able to convince some of the self-catered accommodation to do so.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks ! I suppose worst case scenario I just go for the International Student welcome on the 21st .
Original post by volsung92
As an international student I would really like to arrive the week before everything starts, say Sept. 15, does anyone know if there are accommodation options for this? I have an email into BGP and UoN's Accomodation office asking essentially the same thing, but does anyone know off hand if early move in is possible? Thanks!

International students typically start to move in 1 week before freshers week starts. I think at Nottingham most students move on the Saturday and Sunday before freshers week. You'd be able to move in 5 days or so before others. I know this is the case for Broadgate park I'm not sure about other accommodation options.
Reply 4
Original post by Aidan.reed
International students typically start to move in 1 week before freshers week starts. I think at Nottingham most students move on the Saturday and Sunday before freshers week. You'd be able to move in 5 days or so before others. I know this is the case for Broadgate park I'm not sure about other accommodation options.

Thanks - that's really good to know. Hopefully, they get back to me by Monday so I can book my flights!
Thanks - that's really good to know. Hopefully, they get back to me by Monday so I can book my flights!

You're welcome! Where are you flying from and what will you be studying?
Reply 6
You're welcome! Where are you flying from and what will you be studying?

I'll be flying in from the US, and I'll be in the Viking & Anglo-Saxon Studies MA program . What about you? :biggrin:
I'll be flying in from the US, and I'll be in the Viking & Anglo-Saxon Studies MA program . What about you? :biggrin:

Oh nice, good luck. I'll be studying Computer Science
Reply 8
Oh nice, good luck. I'll be studying Computer Science

Very cool! I almost picked up a CS minor in undergrad, so I know how fun (and somewhat addictive) pages of code can be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending