The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do some white people look like Asians?
Reply 2
Original post by Maker

No she's an actual Asian.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
why do some asians look like white people?
Because a lot of them are Caucasoid.

There's a Pakistani boy who looks just like Anthony Perkins.

See for yourself:

It's not just skin colour that makes you look like a 'white person.' The girl may also have Asian features.
What kind of Asian?
I'm Asian and I've been told I look white by some people.
Reply 7
Original post by qasim_96

That'll make you really popular on the arranged marriage market.
Original post by SGHD26716
That'll make you really popular on the arranged marriage market.

Yep, I'll be on high demand :rolleyes: Every time I go to Pakistan I get strangers coming up to me and trying to speak to me in English and asking me 'Are you from England?' They can even guess where I'm from! I tell them that I am from England but I am Pakistani and I can speak Urdu so no need to try and speak English to me :colonhash:
Reply 9
Yep, I'll be on high demand :rolleyes: Every time I go to Pakistan I get strangers coming up to me and trying to speak to me in English and asking me 'Are you from England?' They can even guess where I'm from! I tell them that I am from England but I am Pakistani and I can speak Urdu so no need to try and speak English to me :colonhash:

When I was like 8-9 years, I was taken aside by some random villager kids in India and they literally said "speak English to me".

The same happens to me. They can tell I'm not from India
When I was like 8-9 years, I was taken aside by some random villager kids in India and they literally said "speak English to me".

The same happens to me. They can tell I'm not from India

:rofl:

It does get annoying. You can't go outside without someone asking where you're from. Even my relatives there start asking me questions like 'Are you sure you're Pakistani? You look too light skinned to be one.' :colonhash:
Reply 11
:rofl:

It does get annoying. You can't go outside without someone asking where you're from. Even my relatives there start asking me questions like 'Are you sure you're Pakistani? You look too light skinned to be one.' :colonhash:

My relatives don't do that.

One thing I hate when I go to India is visiting "close" relatives. I do not have a clue who these people are and slightly worried that they might have mixed something in my drink.

For example, we had to visit my grandad's brother's son's son I think? I can't remember. Either way, I don't want to associate with people who are so distant in terms of relations
My relatives don't do that.

One thing I hate when I go to India is visiting "close" relatives. I do not have a clue who these people are and slightly worried that they might have mixed something in my drink.

For example, we had to visit my grandad's brother's son's son I think? I can't remember. Either way, I don't want to associate with people who are so distant in terms of relations

Oh that's similar to me. I don't really have any close relatives there. All of my close relatives live in the UK.

Most of my relatives in Pakistan are from my dad's side (in fact I think they all are). A lot of his aunties/uncles/cousins still live there.
Original post by Maker

Lol this is a bit funny cause my ex-boyfriend is pure white, his mums a linage historian and they don't have any other races in their lineage at all (like she knows back a few centuries) but he looks like a light skinned south asian. I used to joke about his great grandmother sleeping with the milkman lol.

And on the other hand I'm from Bangladesh but people always think I'm either greek/italian/spanish/brazillian/mixed race. And when I'm not tanned and have my hair dyed blonde I'm paler than my boyfriend and look like a blonde Russian. Although some of my great grandparents were from other parts of the world so maybe thats why but that was generations ago. Like my mum is a ginger and I was a ginger as a baby but got darker as I grew up, and my dad has green eyes. But it's really weird cause even though my dad has lighter eyes he's dark skinned af.

It does make me wonder what my offspring with a white guy would look like cause of my genetic makeup.
@Faloodeh I feel almost embarassed to be Asian now

You guys are really out of touch..aren't you.

Asia is a big region:

If we're talking Asians from the North, they are probs more Caucasian because of their roots, I'm talking Kazakhstan, the ethnic Yakuts from Yakutsk, Sakha, Russia, Turkic people, Azerbaijanis, etc. These people are TURKIC despite being considered Asians. Moreover the USSR, combined with mass deportation and migration, the Russian Empire, these Northern Asian countries are likely to have more of a white pigmentation due to their genetic makeup.

If we're talking Persians, or those from Iran, Georgia, and those surrounding areas. They too are descended from Indo-Europeans, so it's fair to say that some of them will have fairer skin, due to their genetic makeup.

Oriental Asians have fairer skin because, they just do, it's a combination of migration and genetic makeup, and maybe where they went on holiday lol.

I'm not even going to start on South Asia.

But hey, I'm half Russian, so I can't say anything
Lol this is a bit funny cause my ex-boyfriend is pure white, his mums a linage historian and they don't have any other races in their lineage at all (like she knows back a few centuries) but he looks like a light skinned south asian. I used to joke about his great grandmother sleeping with the milkman lol.

And on the other hand I'm from Bangladesh but people always think I'm either greek/italian/spanish/brazillian/mixed race. And when I'm not tanned and have my hair dyed blonde I'm paler than my boyfriend and look like a blonde Russian. Although some of my great grandparents were from other parts of the world so maybe thats why but that was generations ago. Like my mum is a ginger and I was a ginger as a baby but got darker as I grew up, and my dad has green eyes. But it's really weird cause even though my dad has lighter eyes he's dark skinned af.

It does make me wonder what my offspring with a white guy would look like cause of my genetic makeup.

The point about offsprings raises a good question. I wonder what they'll look like if I marry someone who is white. I reckon they'll have the full on white ethnic look.
In Pakistan those from the mountainous regions, especially the patan people are said to be naturally white and more pale, I don't know the science behind it but some people are just like that.
The point about offsprings raises a good question. I wonder what they'll look like if I marry someone who is white. I reckon they'll have the full on white ethnic look.

I agree. I think my kids will definitely utterly look typically white with light hair/eye since I had them when I was a baby but got darker as I got older. It's strange cause I can get away with pretending to be white in Bangladesh :colone: Which is fun cause they seem to worship white people here.

Original post by AryanGh

I'm not even going to start on South Asia.

Please do. I'm curious :smile:
Original post by jhwdhgA898
In Pakistan those from the mountainous regions, especially the patan people are said to be naturally white and more pale, I don't know the science behind it but some people are just like that.

Yeah I have found that to be the case. I'm from Punjab, but people from mountainous areas tend to be more pale. I've also found that a lot of Afghans tend to be more pale too. Don't know why.
I agree. I think my kids will definitely utterly look typically white with light hair/eye since I had them when I was a baby but got darker as I got older. It's strange cause I can get away with pretending to be white in Bangladesh :colone: Which is fun cause they seem to worship white people here.

Please do. I'm curious :smile:

We've got an abundance of Pakistanis in Sistan-Baluchistan. They're white probably because they're from the North and/or descended from an Afghan relative (some) or Persians.

Rule of thumb for Asia:
The further east you go, the more slanted the eyes, and the more south, the more confusing it gets. But in terms of pigmentation. White-Brown-Olive. But this is heavily subjective.

Latest

Trending

Trending