The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Whatever you do, do not take A-level Geography......
What is hurting you now or what you think matters now, you will have forgotten in a few years. They say don't dwell on the past - don't dwell on the current, everything is in the past as soon as it happened.
Just inform myself about future events that would be very profitable or useful. Lottery numbers. Sporting event outcomes. Things that I've done that I consider mistakes.
Do more research before jumping into things, and trust your own instincts and thoughts, adults may not necessarily know best. Be more selfish, stand up for yourself and don't be afraid. Let your voice be heard and take no crap, if you act brave, you will be brave, people only attack you because they see your fear. You've got this. Life's gonna get real crazy, but you'll always pull through everything, you have a knack or landing on your feet. Have fun!
Pray harder for the Day of Judgement is near.
6 years old and don't grow older lol, life gets too tough.
STUDY, no matter how little you want to do that.
Don't work hard on the things that you are not good at. (I am not sure if this is actually good advice)
Try revise for GCSEs from September in year 11.
Get your GCSE in Citizenship remarked, or work a bit more on the coursework.
Don't pick the harder questions in your unit 2 government&politics AS exam
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Whatever you do, do not take A-level Geography......

Are you studying the New spec or the Old spec :tongue:
Make the most of every opportunity and don't be afraid to try something new.
Stick UP FOR YOURSELF

DONT LET PEOPLE DISCOURAGE YOU OR TELL YOU THAT YOU CANT DO SOMETHING AND TELL YOU WHAT THEY THINK IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR CAPABILITY

DONT TELL ANYONE SOMETHING POSITIVE THAT IS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. LIKE IF YOU HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW, DONT GO TELLING EVERYONE COS EVIL EYE IS SO REAL. YOU CAN TELL THEM THOUGH WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GET THE JOB.

WORK HARD FOR YOUR DREAMS

DONT GIVE UP.

YOURE NOT A MONSTER
My grandad died on my 10th birthday so I'd tell my past self this:

You don't have to act different because he's ill. Talk to him, tell him you love him, laugh with him. Don't be scared, he's still the same person. Don't put off seeing him, because he hasn't got long left. Go see him on the 1st of February 2012. I know it's the day before your first 'double figures' birthday. I know you're excited, but PLEASE go and see him. Tomorrow he'll be gone. Please just nip to see him and tell him you love him, because if you don't you're going to regret it forever.

Also, you're an awesome kid. The next 4 years are going to be ROUGH. Stay confident because it's all gonna be okay, I promise. Love yourself, and just do what makes you happy. I love you even if you don't love yourself yet :smile:
Reply 32
"Brace yourself"
(edited 6 years ago)
Depends what point in my life tbh...

High school year 9 - get good grades all around
year 10/11- ignore pride and prejudice and definitely ignore she who shall not be named irl or tsr
year 12 - be yourself, who cares if youre not popular, the same friends you make will still be there and youll spend less time screwing your a levels over just to impress people who dont give a **** about you at the end of the day (even if they still give you massive discounts at their parents stores).
year 13 - get counselling asap for PTSD

final year uni - dont defer your f***n med school entry till after pre-reg as x uni will switch GEM to a 5 year course and you wont be able to afford it till 2017 you muppet.
(edited 6 years ago)
I guess I would tell myself to have more hope and that after I hit adulthood things finally get easier
dont join tsr
Try not to have too much time off, despite being ill. Also, don't wait for your teacher to tell you your work is good - just do it and fill that sketchbook!
Original post by SuperHuman98
Are you studying the New spec or the Old spec :tongue:

Old spec :yes:
I've finished Y13 so I did A2 and also retook AS, the most important exam of each went disastrously whilst the least important went well so not expecting a good grade at all :frown:
Be nicer to people
Just join a gym already

Latest

Trending

Trending