The Student Room Group

Planning ahead, planning a Masters and I need some info?

Hey,

So I'm about to start doing a Biomed degree at Northumbria this September. It wasn't my first choice but it was my insurance as I managed to cock up my a levels. I just want to know that, let's say I get a really good degree, would it be possible for me to do a Masters at a better uni after?

e.g. a first or a 2:1 or whatever in biomed at northumbria, would it then be possible to do a masters at Sheffield Uni in microbiology?

I just kind of want to know how it all works and just want to plan my future as im full of anxiety right now about whether im making the right choice or not.

also, how much would that uni care about my a levels if my degree was good? as my a levels were definitely not good enough.

thanks
Original post by Cherub123
Hey,

So I'm about to start doing a Biomed degree at Northumbria this September. It wasn't my first choice but it was my insurance as I managed to cock up my a levels. I just want to know that, let's say I get a really good degree, would it be possible for me to do a Masters at a better uni after?

e.g. a first or a 2:1 or whatever in biomed at northumbria, would it then be possible to do a masters at Sheffield Uni in microbiology?

I just kind of want to know how it all works and just want to plan my future as im full of anxiety right now about whether im making the right choice or not.

also, how much would that uni care about my a levels if my degree was good? as my a levels were definitely not good enough.

thanks

Unis don't care at all for A levels as far as I know, and surprisingly don't care much at all which uni you went to either.
You should be able to, as long as you have a 2:1 or a higher 2:2, there's no reason why they should reject you. Doubt they are bothered much about where you got it though.
As long as you're happy with Northumbria, go for it. Btw Sheffield wouldn't be a bad choice either xD
Reply 3
Original post by Eloise204010
You should be able to, as long as you have a 2:1 or a higher 2:2, there's no reason why they should reject you. Doubt they are bothered much about where you got it though.
As long as you're happy with Northumbria, go for it. Btw Sheffield wouldn't be a bad choice either xD

Yeah, since Sheffield rejected me due to my a level cock up, im planning on doing a masters there after getting my degree at northumbria, does it sound possible? even with my bad a level results? thanks for your answer though
Original post by Cherub123
Yeah, since Sheffield rejected me due to my a level cock up, im planning on doing a masters there after getting my degree at northumbria, does it sound possible? even with my bad a level results? thanks for your answer though

Yeah it sounds possible, they'll care less about you a levels then I'd say.. even if you do, if you can explain why and it's not that competitive they should let you on with no problems

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending