The Student Room Group

Where to go in open days

How do you know where to go specifically when going to university open days? I’m going to open days in Glasgow and Edinburgh next week and still don’t know where to go for specific talks and things, how does everyone know where to go?
The uni will usually send you an itinerary for the day which would tell you where on campus you need to go.
Reply 2
follow the arrows
Original post by Olivia3245
How do you know where to go specifically when going to university open days? I’m going to open days in Glasgow and Edinburgh next week and still don’t know where to go for specific talks and things, how does everyone know where to go?

Hey! You should receive a copy of the programme for the day, either through the post or via email (or both!) to prepare for the day. If you really aren't sure you can usually email their events team to ask some specific questions and they should be happy too help.

It sounds like these are the first open days you have been too as well so I'd make sure you write down any questions you may have to make sure you ask them on the day as it can be quite daunting and exhausting visiting a university for the first time and trying to take everything in.

Just enjoy the day and if you get lost on the day don't panic, it happens to everyone, so just ask some friendly staff or ambassadors for direction!

- Luke
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
The uni will usually send you an itinerary for the day which would tell you where on campus you need to go.

When do we get sent that? Because I’ve booked tickets but still don’t know where to go
(edited 10 months ago)
When do we get sent that? Because I’ve booked tickets but still don’t know where to go

Depends on the uni. I would say at least a week or two ahead of the day when plans are finalised. If it’s a general open day for the whole uni then there should be info online.

Hey @Olivia3245 :biggrin: I've found this on Glasgow's website if that helps: https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/visit/undergraduate/opendays/june/whatson/ :smile: If you scroll down they have pin pointed some of their info points too so if you give yourself some extra time and arrive there then someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Edinburgh have something similar in a pdf here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/sites/default/files/atoms/files/ugopendaydraft020622_0.pdf but they say one should be sent to you in advance so if you've not had anything yet search your junk/promotions folders just in case.

Generally if you're feeling lost I'd say give yourself lots of time and look for signs and student ambassadors. Ambassadors are normally really visible and are there to help you so don't be afraid to ask them anything.

Enjoy the open days!! Try to do a wee bit of planning in advance if you can so that you know you'll get to see and do everything you'd like to.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Hi there @Olivia3245, :smile:

If you have booked onto an open day, you should receive a guide for the day and information about where to go to. There will be plenty of people on the day who will be there to help show you around campus and to answer any questions you may have.

Hope it goes well and enjoy :smile:
Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending