The Student Room Group

Help? Is he in love with his ex girlfriend?

My boyfriends cousin used to like his ex girlfriends post a lot. Unfortunately, in his ex's family someone passed away and his cousin commented on it.

My boyfriends ex girlfriend, spoke to the cousin and asked why she was behaving like this and that she found it weird. She and her cousin were together for 3 years, she never used to like her posts etc and now all of a sudden she does? Had a little row.

Then, she spoke to my boyfriends sister and they had an argument. She was rude to her but then again, she does write tweets about her. Like, why the hell is my boyfriends sister writing tweets about his ex girlfriend?

Now, she's blocked them both.
As soon as she spoke to his cousin, he changed his profile picture and when she updated hers.. He changed his cover photo.

He also hasn't bothered to see me since 21st May, prior we used to link once a month. Now, as his ex girlfriend spoke he hasn't bothered to see me. We did break up for a month and now we're back together. But, it's been so long since we met up.. He has the time for his friends and to go on holiday. Why can't he see me?

Is he still in love with his ex girlfriend?
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I can't answer this answer this question and I think it would be unfair for me to attempt to do so. I think the only person who can answer this question is your boyfriend as ultimately he is the best person to speak for himself. Have you asked him plainly if he still loves her? Will you be able to trust the answer he gives you if it's not the answer you are expecting?

Have you asked him why he doesn't spend much time with you and if he is willing to give you more time? Have you asked him how he feels about you and your relationship?

How do you feel? Upset? Is this the kind of relationship you want for yourself?
Reply 3
Original post by Holoha
I can't answer this answer this question and I think it would be unfair for me to attempt to do so. I think the only person who can answer this question is your boyfriend as ultimately he is the best person to speak for himself. Have you asked him plainly if he still loves her? Will you be able to trust the answer he gives you if it's not the answer you are expecting?

Have you asked him why he doesn't spend much time with you and if he is willing to give you more time? Have you asked him how he feels about you and your relationship?

How do you feel? Upset? Is this the kind of relationship you want for yourself?

We haven't met since May, he made his profile picture blank on Instagram before it was a picture of us. However, it was taken in May.

It's been blank few days, I don't think he wants to see me.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
We haven't met since May, he made his profile picture blank on Instagram before it was a picture of us. However, it was taken in May.

It's been blank few days, I don't think he wants to see me.

Do you want to break up with him or try and work it out? How is it effecting you, I think I'd be feeling pretty hurt if I was experiencing this.
Reply 5
Original post by Holoha
Do you want to break up with him or try and work it out? How is it effecting you, I think I'd be feeling pretty hurt if I was experiencing this.

I want to be with him, but he did break up with me for a month. I am upset because it feels like he's depressed and stuck.

I think he was using me to make his ex jealous, because his cousin would always like her posts and commented too.

What do you think? What would you do if you were me?
I want to be with him, but he did break up with me for a month. I am upset because it feels like he's depressed and stuck.

I think he was using me to make his ex jealous, because his cousin would always like her posts and commented too.

What do you think? What would you do if you were me?

I'm sorry but I don't think he likes you back... I know it's not what you want to hear but I think you answered your own question. He was using you to make her jealous. If he liked you, he would make more of an effort to see you.

Yet, like the other person posted though, we do not know this for certain. You need to have a chat with him and see where this is going. It's not nice to hold onto something you are only putting the effort into. At least if you know now, you can move past it except from being stuck in this rut.
Reply 7
Original post by Jammie_x
I'm sorry but I don't think he likes you back... I know it's not what you want to hear but I think you answered your own question. He was using you to make her jealous. If he liked you, he would make more of an effort to see you.

Yet, like the other person posted though, we do not know this for certain. You need to have a chat with him and see where this is going. It's not nice to hold onto something you are only putting the effort into. At least if you know now, you can move past it except from being stuck in this rut.

I don't know what to do, it's depressing.

Do you think he would go back to her if she gave him another chance?
I don't know what to do, it's depressing.

Do you think he would go back to her if she gave him another chance?

I could be wrong but you need to speak to him about it and make things clear. That way least you would know where you stand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending