The Student Room Group

If one was to get below the entry grades of uni but still gets in

If one was to get below the entry grades of uni to study law but still gets in will he be limited by what he could do for instance lets say one was to get BCC but gets into uni what wanted AAA would their A levels limit them for what they could do even though they would be going to a top law uni with good connections
Original post by seanbruce
If one was to get below the entry grades of uni to study law but still gets in will he be limited by what he could do for instance lets say one was to get BCC but gets into uni what wanted AAA would their A levels limit them for what they could do even though they would be going to a top law uni with good connections

In this somewhat unlikely scenario, the only thing limiting the person is their own capabilities. Once you're into the uni you can do as well as it is possible to do, regardless of past A level or GCSE achievements
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdmdm
In this somewhat unlikely scenario, the only thing limiting the person is their own capabilities. Once you're into the uni you can do as well as it is possible to do, regardless of past A level or GCSE achievements

Would you suggust in this senario that they should resit those 2 A levels they got Cs in at uni as i know A levels do play a big part in employment in law
Reply 3

im in a similair situation as i was given a unconditional and i sort of under performed at a levels
Would you suggust in this senario that they should resit those 2 A levels they got Cs in at uni as i know A levels do play a big part in employment in law

In an environment as competitive as law, every advantage can become imperative. Therefore yes, I would definitely suggest retaking the A levels in terms of employment prospects (on the assumption you would retake them after your uni course, as some unis don't accept A-level resits for law)

hi
Reply 6
In an environment as competitive as law, every advantage can become imperative. Therefore yes, I would definitely suggest retaking the A levels in terms of employment prospects (on the assumption you would retake them after your uni course, as some unis don't accept A-level resits for law)

i was really thinking about it as i got a unconditional and i under performed
Reply 7
Original post by jackminecraft
hi

hi
resists are irrelevant as the date of resit would be glaring if an organsiation was anal aobut UCAS points at level 3 as to be looking in great detail

UCAS needs to try and take better enforcement action against those organisations misusing the points system (i.e. unless you are an awardign body, HEI , FE provider or UCAS themselves you should not be using them )
Reply 9
Original post by zippyRN
resists are irrelevant as the date of resit would be glaring if an organsiation was anal aobut UCAS points at level 3 as to be looking in great detail

UCAS needs to try and take better enforcement action against those organisations misusing the points system (i.e. unless you are an awardign body, HEI , FE provider or UCAS themselves you should not be using them )

but wouldnt the result i got from my resit if it was higher than the original grade stand as my final mark though so organsations would only look at the resit grade as that was highest (if i was to ger a higher grade in the resit)
but wouldnt the result i got from my resit if it was higher than the original grade stand as my final mark though so organsations would only look at the resit grade as that was highest (if i was to ger a higher grade in the resit)

no it's a resit after cashing in the orginal award , you have to declare the original grade as well.
Reply 11
Original post by zippyRN
no it's a resit after cashing in the orginal award , you have to declare the original grade as well.

would you suggest resitting 2 A levels at uni wouldnt be worth it then as i got a unconditional but performed poorly
would you suggest resitting 2 A levels at uni wouldnt be worth it then as i got a unconditional but performed poorly

No, sort out your degree, your A-levels are practically worthless now, and resitting is pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending