The Student Room Group

Taking copied DVDs through customs

Scroll to see replies

So... Did you take them with you? I'm having exactly the same concern (with exactly 50 copied CDs!!) and I'm wondering if I should bring them in with me or leave them :frown: I don't want to leave them because I copied them precisely to watch them while I'm living there in Oxford... It would really help knowing that you took them in with you and nothing happened. I'm also worried because there are also a few original ones and I would hate if they also took those off.
Original post by vale.botero
So... Did you take them with you? I'm having exactly the same concern (with exactly 50 copied CDs!!) and I'm wondering if I should bring them in with me or leave them :frown: I don't want to leave them because I copied them precisely to watch them while I'm living there in Oxford... It would really help knowing that you took them in with you and nothing happened. I'm also worried because there are also a few original ones and I would hate if they also took those off.

This thread made some sense in 2007, when it was made, but why on earth would you now have 50 physical DVDs? Stick them on a pen drive and put them in your pocket.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
This thread made some sense in 2007, when it was made, but why on earth would you now have 50 physical DVDs? Stick them on a pen drive and put them in your pocket.

wow how useful.. not

50 dvds is incredibly suspicious. Especially if you have them all in individual cases, they will assume you are going to sell them.

I wouldn't take that risk if I was moving to a country, they could expel/fine you.

If I was coming back to Britain from a holiday I would be more inclined to risk it but not the other way around
Original post by hannah00
50 dvds is incredibly suspicious. Especially if you have them all in individual cases, they will assume you are going to sell them.

I wouldn't take that risk if I was moving to a country, they could expel/fine you.

If I was coming back to Britain from a holiday I would be more inclined to risk it but not the other way around

I put them all into a cd case and nothing happened! :biggrin: glad I took the risk, but i guess ur right... it might have been luck. I’ll put them into a USB or something like that next time
I put them all into a cd case and nothing happened! :biggrin: glad I took the risk, but i guess ur right... it might have been luck. I’ll put them into a USB or something like that next time

glad it worked out.

One big CD case is definitely less suspicious
Reply 26
If they find them they're obliged to take them.. it depends on if you get anover zealous boarder guard though. At any rate if i were you i'd put them on an HDD

Quick Reply

Latest