The Student Room Group

Question about predicted grades, urgent

If i were to be predicted A*AB, would an AAA course still accept me?
Alternatively, if i were predicted A*A*B, would an A*AA course still accept me?
If so, does that mean that UCAS points are what actually affects how you get accepted?

I've never heard a clear answer to these, so any responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Depends on the course and uni. If they want an A in the subject that the degree is in they might not accept a B regardless what you get in the other 2.
Original post by sahjahn
Depends on the course and uni. If they want an A in the subject that the degree is in they might not accept a B regardless what you get in the other 2.

Suppose that the course is Economics, the A* and A are maths and economics, and the B is physics. As Physics is unrelated, that wouldn't be an issue?
Original post by Douglas_Quaid
Suppose that the course is Economics, the A* and A are maths and economics, and the B is physics. As Physics is unrelated, that wouldn't be an issue?

As already said, it literally depends on the Uni !!
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
As already said, it literally depends on the Uni !!

I guess I should just email universities and find out then?

Which yooni's we talking about?

Yeah

Yes, but I'd reccomend actually getting the entry requirements!!!!!!!!
Original post by Ze Witcher
Which yooni's we talking about?

Nottingham, for example
Yes, but I'd reccomend actually getting the entry requirements!!!!!!!!

If I had the full 250 days to study I'm sure I could, but predicted grades are right around the corner. Pressure!
Nottingham, for example

You're good for Nottingham - they'll give an offer of at least AAA, providing everything else in your app. is good.

I only know this for economics, but not sure what course you're on about?
If I had the full 250 days to study I'm sure I could, but predicted grades are right around the corner. Pressure!

You may be OK, as your predictions are really near the grade requirements, but your offers will be from the grade requirements
Original post by Ze Witcher
You're good for Nottingham - they'll give an offer of at least AAA, providing everything else in your app. is good.

I only know this for economics, but not sure what course you're on about?

I'm fairly certain I want to do Economics. Thanks for the responses :smile:
You may be OK, as your predictions are really near the grade requirements, but your offers will be from the grade requirements

Thank you, I'll try my best and see what I get!
If you’ve got 5 choices surely you can just go for it. If they accept you fab, if not you still have 4 other options
Original post by Amy__xxx
If you’ve got 5 choices surely you can just go for it. If they accept you fab, if not you still have 4 other options

Of course, it would just be disappointing to not go to the one I want to I suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending