The Student Room Group

Why

I need a job. Why won't anyone get back to me. I send my Cv in and no one cares and I then fail the online application for Aldi and Sainsburys. Why won't anyone get back to me. I'm 24 and today I find out my stepbrother even has a interview on Thursday. It's not fair I hope he dose not get it

Scroll to see replies

Haven't you already posted a thread on this?
Reply 2
Yes but this is still the best part of the site. I just don't know what to do
Reply 3
What do I do
Original post by Samboy10
I then fail the online application for Aldi and Sainsburys

The online assessments are designed for you to answer the questions in the most rational and customer-focused way possible. Clearly because of your autism you do not understand how to approach the situations they’re asking you about and you’re giving the wrong answers.
Reply 5
Original post by Glassapple
The online assessments are designed for you to answer the questions in the most rational and customer-focused way possible. Clearly because of your autism you do not understand how to approach the situations they’re asking you about and you’re giving the wrong answers.

Of course I understand. So your telling me I was wrong to put that I would ask for help if I didn't know what was wrong. Or that I wouldn't leave a broken glass object. What the he'll do I do then. Why did he get so far
Of course I understand. So your telling me I was wrong to put that I would ask for help if I didn't know what was wrong. Or that I wouldn't leave a broken glass object. What the he'll do I do then. Why did he get so far

There were probably better answers that could have been chosen. What you put could have been an okay response but there could have been an even better one depending on the circumstances of the situation.
Reply 7
So what do you suggest I do
Reply 8
What do I do. How does he get a job and I don't

Apply for jobs that don't have these questionnaires and have face-to-face interviews or training shifts instead eg local coffee shops/bars/restaurants, starbucks, administrative temp work. Most companies that have these sort of questionnaires are big-brand hotels or supermarkets eg tescos, sainsbury's, marriot hotel etc. Send emails with your CV, enquiring about positions.

Alternatively, find a friend who's been through the process and knows which boxes to tick (once you find the strategy it's not too difficult - ultimately you're trying to select the answers that keep your boss and customer(s) happy). I understand where you are coming from (rejected from supermarket jobs for this reason), but I've managed to secure a job in a restaurant that doesn't deal with customers so do keep looking for employment.

Tip: google maps where you live or are studying, find every single shop/store/etc and email them with a CV, even if they are not advertising on their website (as long as they don't explicitly say no emails re jobs). You may need to send lots of emails and do lots of phone calls but remain persistent.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Maybe you could have your CV checked out too.

pray
Any reply to this user gets ignored and he comes up with the same old rubbish.
Reply 13
What do you mean. I have no job, no girlfriend. If my stepbrother gets this job he will have a car, a place at uni, a girlfriend and planning to get a place with his gf. How do you think that makes me feel. I fail online applications and no one gets back to me about my CV I send in. And I know it's ok because my mum checked with it
Reply 14
What do you mean. I have no job, no girlfriend. If my stepbrother gets this job he will have a car, a place at uni, a girlfriend and planning to get a place with his gf. How do you think that makes me feel. I fail online applications and no one gets back to me about my CV I send in. And I know it's ok because my mum checked with it

Only your mum? It's best to have multiple people checking it. Having a new set of eyes on it would help massively. I've had to go over my CV many, many times and I still do.
Reply 15
I have no one else to ask
Why have you created another account to ***** about your life and compare yourself to your step-brother. (Whom we all know you're jealous of)
Reply 17
Because he has everything I want and I get nothing
Because he has everything I want and I get nothing

why don't you try to get what you want?
Write up a CV
Start driving lessons
Even just get a part time or saturday job until you sort things out
Try and talk to girls you might see often, or even start an internet dating account
Reply 19
Because 1. I have a CV but not one will actually take me. 2. I have not got money to drive lessons. 3. I can't even get a weekend job that's the problem. And 4. None want to go out with me. Even online dating didn't work as none messaged me back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending