The Student Room Group

He asked me to be his girlfriend! Why can't I say yes?!

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I sit next to this boy and I really thought I liked him and was considering asking him out.Then he asked me! Usually I can just say yes or no. I don't know why but I'm finding it really hard to say yes.?! He definitely has an amazing personality and I've known him for about a year and a quarter but isn't particular attractive. Why am I struggling so much to say yes?!
I have had a lot of relationships for my age the longest lasting 3 years and the shortest lasting about 2 days. I have ended about 2/3 of them. Could that be affecting my answer?
Reply 1
Maybe because you actually like him you're struggling to say yes in case you do end up breaking up with him?

The way to look at it is, how much will you regret it if you don't tell him? Would you rather not say yes and not try it OR say yes, it falls on its arse and it doesn't work.

I suppose the other alternative is that your subconscious is telling you that you don't actually like him and you've found yourself liking him purely because you're sat next to him.
I have two guesses.

Firstly, your "liking" may have been the idea of being with him and perhaps you weren't prepared for the imminent possibility of intimacy. You mulled over asking him, which was great, but when he asked you it was a shock, you've been thrown a curveball and you have to adapt.

Secondly, pursuit is a thrill. If you were to immediately say yes, the thrill would dissipate and take work to get back again. Your mild resistance is regenerating the thrill.
(edited 6 years ago)
You've made 3 different threads about this.
https://youtu.be/9Deg7VrpHbM
Original post by Girl w/ problems
the shortest lasting about 2 days

How old are you?
You say he's got an amazing personality and you like him - so say yes. You're saying yes to going out, not marrying the guy.
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I sit next to this boy and I really thought I liked him and was considering asking him out.Then he asked me! Usually I can just say yes or no. I don't know why but I'm finding it really hard to say yes.?! He definitely has an amazing personality and I've known him for about a year and a quarter but isn't particular attractive. Why am I struggling so much to say yes?!
I have had a lot of relationships for my age the longest lasting 3 years and the shortest lasting about 2 days. I have ended about 2/3 of them. Could that be affecting my answer?

You can probably go for an evening out without rushing off to Gretna Green or even agreeing to a marriage proposal.
(Perhaps he will agree to wear a bag on his head?)
Perhaps you are nervous to say yes? Do you feel ready to date again? If so, say yes. You get on well together and you like him!
Original post by infairverona
How old are you?

I was gonna to say that, i've slept longer than that before.
Asking someone on a date is not the same as asking to be their SO
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

are you a malayali?
This girl is a troll who is hungry for attention on student room and wants more rep points>>>this is her like 5th thread on this!!! Report her please for heavens sake
Original post by Tricky12002
You can probably go for an evening out without rushing off to Gretna Green or even agreeing to a marriage proposal.
(Perhaps he will agree to wear a bag on his head?)

+100 points for Georgette Heyer reference. In response to OP, high school relationships typically don't last that long, so you can date him w/o worrying about marriage and other commitments. Also, if he's got an amazing personality, he's a dying species of teenage boy so I'd suggest you snap him up before someone else does. To be as cliched as possible, looks fade but personality doesn't.
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

You're more interested in the chase than the boy.

If you don't find him attractive, don't bother. But do be honest.
isn't particular attractive

There's your answer, you don't find him attractive enough to say yes.
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Pretty much you answered you own thread
Reply 16
Why am I struggling so much to say yes?!?

but isn't particular attractive.

That's why.

/thread
It's hard to say yes because you haven't seen the size of the D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending