The Student Room Group

Funding Graduate Entry Medicine in Scotland

Hello
I live in England and am studying my undergrad degree in England. I want to apply to study post graduate medicine in Scotland. Am I still entitled to the same help as I would be in the UK (i.e help with tuition fee - minus the first £3645 and maintenance loans, as well as NHS bursaries)? Or would I have to fund all my tuition fee myself if I study the ScotGEM course?
Kind regards
Original post by sherlockholmes96
Hello
I live in England and am studying my undergrad degree in England. I want to apply to study post graduate medicine in Scotland. Am I still entitled to the same help as I would be in the UK (i.e help with tuition fee - minus the first £3645 and maintenance loans, as well as NHS bursaries)? Or would I have to fund all my tuition fee myself if I study the ScotGEM course?
Kind regards

Hi sherlockholmes96,

Postgraduate funding attracts different support than the undergraduate support you are currently receiving.

These courses can be funded by the Postgraduate Loan (PGL), if you are in receipt of a healthcare bursary you won't be eligible to receive a PGL as well.

You will find more information and how to apply here

http://bit.ly/28XNE4r

Thanks Rona
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi sherlockholmes96,

Postgraduate funding attracts different support than the undergraduate support you are currently receiving.

These courses can be funded by the Postgraduate Loan (PGL), if you are in receipt of a healthcare bursary you won't be eligible to receive a PGL as well.

You will find more information and how to apply here

http://bit.ly/28XNE4r

Thanks Rona

For Postgrad medicine in first year (£9250-£3645=£5605) £5605 can be funded by student finance if I study in the UK and I can get a maintenance loan. Is this the same for studying in scotland? I have ask the Uni directly and they told me to ask SFE.
Original post by sherlockholmes96
For Postgrad medicine in first year (£9250-£3645=£5605) £5605 can be funded by student finance if I study in the UK and I can get a maintenance loan. Is this the same for studying in scotland? I have ask the Uni directly and they told me to ask SFE.

Hi sherlockholmes96;

Are you planning to do a Graduate Entry Medicine course or
is it a Masters Course ?

You would apply to the Award Authority, where you would normally live.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending