The Student Room Group

Really like a girl but she has a boyfriend

so I'm 16 and there's this girl that I haven't spoken to in about 5 years and i really really like her.

The problem is she already has a boyfriend and i just wish that they'd split up (naturally - nothing to do with me) I know that that sounds really selfish but I like her a lot.

This is really really weird but for some reason she deleted me off her facebook last night, I don't believe in that kinda stuff but surely it's nothing to do with me liking her? I haven't spoken to her in 5 years and yesterday afternoon we were still friends on Facebook and now all of a sudden we're not, I just think it's so weird.

it would be so much easier if she didn't already have a boyfriend, I don't know what to do as I really really like her. I know there isn't a question bit I just feel like I needed to express myself as I'm upset that I can't have her.
Reply 1
The best advice I can give you is this: move on. She really isn't worth it. One thing you learn as you get older is that there are lots of people you can date, and getting hung up on one person just hurts your chances of meeting people who care about you. She evidently doesn't like you as a friend, seeing as she deleted you on Facebook (I don't really see the reason for it to be honest - maybe I'm dumb?). She probably removed you because she thought you were creepy. Given the few details you have given, you probably scared her by talking to her out of the blue after so long (And to be honest, I don't blame her for being scared, it's kinda weird). Still, while it hurts to be rejected, it's a lot better than being unaware (Or worse, delusional) about where you stand. Anyway, one piece of advice I can give you is that if someone really likes you, they'll make time for you. Only give the time of day to people who will do the same to you.
If you haven’t spoken in 5 years, then she was probably just going through her Facebook friends and getting rid of ones she didn’t really know.

But as the person above said, there’s zero point getting hung up over her, when there are so many more people out there.
Agree with the above, she has a boyfriend so move on, it's not happening.

As for deleting you off Facebook, she was likely having a Facebook purge and getting rid of the people she's not really friends with anymore.

No point in getting hung up on her mate, if you haven't spoken to her in 5 years (when she was 11?!) then you don't really know her at all.
How can you like someone you haven't spoke to in 5 years?
Take being deleted as a hint you should move on.
I think you should move on, if she deleted you off Facebook. It's probably a sign she doesn't associate with you anymore; meaning your not in any of her circles anymore. I know it's hard, but try to move on. There may be plenty other people that would care about you as much as you care about her. https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-a-Crush
Reply 7
If she unfriended you on Facebook you're nowhere, not to mention the bf. Put the energy instead in to finding someone who is available and up for it - plenty more fish, remember. If she becomes single perhaps you can review the situation, if it still matters.
> really like her
> haven't spoken since 2012

Uh, okay.
Reply 9
Original post by IamJacksContempt
How can you like someone you haven't spoke to in 5 years?

probably been regularly stalking her facebook profile and pics for all that time ..which prevented him from forgetting about her and moving on..
Original post by Anonymous
so I'm 16 and there's this girl that I haven't spoken to in about 5 years and i really really like her.

The problem is she already has a boyfriend and i just wish that they'd split up (naturally - nothing to do with me) I know that that sounds really selfish but I like her a lot.

This is really really weird but for some reason she deleted me off her facebook last night, I don't believe in that kinda stuff but surely it's nothing to do with me liking her? I haven't spoken to her in 5 years and yesterday afternoon we were still friends on Facebook and now all of a sudden we're not, I just think it's so weird.

it would be so much easier if she didn't already have a boyfriend, I don't know what to do as I really really like her. I know there isn't a question bit I just feel like I needed to express myself as I'm upset that I can't have her.

You haven't spoken in half a decade, why would you still be friends on Facebook? Of course she deleted you.

I'm guessing because you haven't spoken to her you don't know much about her, therefore you only like her based on her looks and your imagination as to what her personality is. You just have to move on. You can't go after someone who's in a relationship.
(edited 4 years ago)
I know we haven't spoken in quite a while but she updated her profile picture the other day and i don't know why but I just really like her. It's just typical that she already has a boyfriend. and i never messaged her so I don't know why she deleted me

Attempt to make her fall in love with you more then her boyfriend, however this will only work if ur more attractive and a better person than him overall. However, u will realise she ain't worth it as the same thing could happen to u. Believe me, i have been in this position....
I didn't know Facebook still existed
I know we haven't spoken in quite a while but she updated her profile picture the other day and i don't know why but I just really like her. It's just typical that she already has a boyfriend. and i never messaged her so I don't know why she deleted me

That's why she deleted you

This is nothing more than lust mate, move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending