The Student Room Group

Part time job interview on college day

Are the college likely to allow me to have one day off as I have an interview which is not really negotable on timing?
Original post by SSD2001
Are the college likely to allow me to have one day off as I have an interview which is not really negotable on timing?

Cant say for certain.

1. Ask the employer if you can arrange early or late.
2. You could say you have doctors appointment or pull a sicky.
3. You could tell the truth and they might refuse. This is especially so if you are under 18 and meant to be in school.

AS responsible employer will rearrange and wont ask you to interview in school time.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Cant say for certain.

1. Ask the employer if you can arrange early or late.
2. You could say you have doctors appointment or pull a sicky.
3. You could tell the truth and they might refuse. This is especially so if you are under 18 and meant to be in school.

AS responsible employer will rearrange and wont ask you to interview in school time.

It is a large employer there are different dates and times but they will fall on other days I have college.
Original post by SSD2001
It is a large employer there are different dates and times but they will fall on other days I have college.

You have to gauge how serious your college are and whether they would notice your absence. Maybe theres a student officer or they have a policy on absences, rs appointments etc. Maybe they have a careers teacher and you could ask them? Maybe they have attendance guidelines? its up to you to find out and then sort it out.
Original post by SSD2001

An employer shouldn’t ask you to skip college for an interview - explain you can do before or after college or on weekends. They will be used to this problem and if they aren’t flexible then it’s not an employer you want to work for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending