The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOOL nahh I'm short but nononono I would neverrr date anyone that's milesss offfff taller than me. How am I even gonna reach loool ? Obviously being a bit taller than me then ok fine that is perfect or else nahh:colondollar:
Even though I belong in the short men skwad, this post still seems stupid to me. Boii, "height" is ONE preference like many other. It just so happens that MANY women have it high up in their list but you gotta find the ones that don't. Lyfe is 2 short 2 be worrying about something insignificant like this smh:angry:
Original post by izzy55555
so guys - is 5ft 11 too tall for a girl??

You'll be above average if you move to Latvia or still be considered short compared to the average guys in Netherlands. You were just born in the wrong country:tongue:
Im a short girl and i prefer someone who has like an average height, if they were a lot taller than me then it'd probably seem a bit weird
Reply 64
Everyone girl wants a tall guy, short girls are annoying.
Original post by Hirsty97
Girls don't like you because you're a loser. Not, because you're short.

agreed. I'm not gonna just not date you because of your height. I mean I'm 5"2' and I don't care about height, more about personality.
Original post by JDieMstr
You'll be above average if you move to Latvia or still be considered short compared to the average guys in Netherlands. You were just born in the wrong country:tongue:

haha very true I suppose :smile:
welp, this thread is becoming dead.....in other news, will Goku be able to regain his "Ultra Instinct" ability and defeat Jiren? Find out in the next episode of Dragon Ball Zeee.....
Original post by _NMcC_
Height's nothing. Dazzle them with your massive intellect, so far, it has worked exactly e^i*pi +1 times for me.

Aww maybe one day a girl would appreciate you for your dazzling intellect
Original post by Anonymous
LOOL nahh I'm short but nononono I would neverrr date anyone that's milesss offfff taller than me. How am I even gonna reach loool ? Obviously being a bit taller than me then ok fine that is perfect or else nahh:colondollar:

Don't kneel.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I'm 6'6.

😱 what the hell...
In reality I don't value height but on paper like reading his profile, I'm suddenly biased but I tend to not believe men if they say their height is over 5'9 too because I feel he just ASSUMES I will reject him if he says otherwise and he's probably right.
Because they are no different to taller women, and a guy's height strongly correlates with how well he can play basketball.
Reply 73
Original post by Salt Queen
In reality I don't value height but on paper like reading his profile, I'm suddenly biased but I tend to not believe men if they say their height is over 5'9 too because I feel he just ASSUMES I will reject him if he says otherwise and he's probably right.

the majority of men lie about their height on dating profile's. Near enough every guy I know [of profiles i've seen] has overstated his height.

If a guy has in his dating profile that he is 5ft 9 ... then don't agree to a date with him if you would not date a 5ft 7 guy ...because there's a good chance he is adding a couple inches on....

likewise if a guy says he is 6ft, then don't agree to a date with him if you would not date a 5ft 10 guy ..because there's a good chance he is fibbing.

The thing about men, you'll never get a dude who is 5ft 10 ..who underestimates his height and puts 5ft 8 or 5ft 9 ...but you WILL get guys of that height claiming to be 6ft+
Original post by ANM775
the majority of men lie about their height on dating profile's. Near enough every guy I know [of profiles i've seen] has overstated his height.

If a guy has in his dating profile that he is 5ft 9 ... then don't agree to a date with him if you would not date a 5ft 7 guy ...because there's a good chance he is adding a couple inches on....

likewise if a guy says he is 6ft, then don't agree to a date with him if you would not date a 5ft 10 guy ..because there's a good chance he is fibbing.

The thing about men, you'll never get a dude who is 5ft 10 ..who underestimates his height and puts 5ft 8 or 5ft 9 ...but you WILL get guys of that height claiming to be 6ft+

Saw some manlet at gym a few days ago who literally looked around 5'7 or even shorter, barely came to my chin and claimed to be 6' :nothing: (I'm 6'1). Don't even know if he was being ironic or not
Reply 75
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Saw some manlet at gym a few days ago who literally looked around 5'7 or even shorter, barely came to my chin and claimed to be 6' :nothing: (I'm 6'1). Don't even know if he was being ironic or not

I've had a couple of people claim to me to be 5ft 10, ..but then they are clearly 2 inches shorter than me, and i'm 5ft 10

they then start telling me I must be 6ft :laugh:
Original post by ANM775
I've had a couple of people claim to me to be 5ft 10, ..but then they are clearly 2 inches shorter than me, and i'm 5ft 10

they then start telling me I must be 6ft :laugh:

When someone shorter than you claims to be 5'10 say you're 5'8 and watch them squirm and say "no way stop lying!"

bonus points if it's infront of a girl
bump
I'm a 5'2" and have dated plenty of pretty and cute ladies over the years, some long term, some random hookups through Tinder or whatever. I do find that often short girls aren't into me, no matter how charming, confident, and fun I am when I'm hanging with them. Girls who are an inch or two taller than me tend to be the ones who end up liking me the most. It could be due to shorter girls being more sensitive about height because they've been called shorty their whole lives, or them knowing that short guys tend to target shorter girls just for them being shorter.

That being said, It could also be a skewed perspective because standard logic and societal norms tells me that I should date shorter, so if they aren't into me, it's frustrating and confusing. Anyway, it surely is a disadvantage. You just have to be more awesome if you're short ~ that means funny, charming, confident, successful, well-dressed, eloquent, smart (but not a smart-ass), kind, genuine, social, in-shape, and not a douche like some of the asshats in here haha.

Basically, you need to be Prince or James Franco or something and the right girls will come around. The same would go for anyone with a disadvantage in standard/societal attractiveness of any sort.

So try real hard, but do it in a way so you don't seem like you're trying lol good luck :wink:
I think we should petition the UK parliament to pass legislation that prohibits people from dating others that are outside of a +-10% range of their own height.

That would make things much fairer. No, in fact, +-5%.

Th would really make things tricky for some Asians, but oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending