The Student Room Group

Is this weird?

I'm in sixth form and I wanted to ask if it's weird to wear a knee length black skirt with tights, as there's no sixth form dress code (casual wear) people usually wear jeans and a top, nearly none of the girls wear formal wear. It looks something like this
Also, it's not a school skirt it's a formal skirt form next :smile:
In the picture the girl is wearing heels, i would be wearing black converse, thanks
Reply 1
Attachment not found
Reply 2
If you feel comfortable in it you should wear it. Personally if i was going to a 6th form with no dress code I wouldn't dress formally mainly because i dont own any formal clothes but i think it would look cute.
I don't think so, and I doubt people would really think much of it. And anyways, if people do think it's weird then the problem is with them, not you. Do what makes you feel good
Reply 4
Original post by crocodile_ears
I don't think so, and I doubt people would really think much of it. And anyways, if people do think it's weird then the problem is with them, not you. Do what makes you feel good

Thanks, but the only problem is that because i go to a secondary school, i just don't want to look like i'm wearing a 'school' skirt, do you get what i'm saying :h:
Reply 5
Original post by cactuss
If you feel comfortable in it you should wear it. Personally if i was going to a 6th form with no dress code I wouldn't dress formally mainly because i dont own any formal clothes but i think it would look cute.

Yeah and also the girls that do wear skirts they wear denim skirts, as i said before i don't want it to look like a school skirt or if i'm going to work :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, but the only problem is that because i go to a secondary school, i just don't want to look like i'm wearing a 'school' skirt, do you get what i'm saying :h:

Yeah that makes sense, I think if you wear it with different shirts and if you accessorise with belts and stuff it'd look fine
If you have no dress code, surely you can wear what you want? When I was at sixth form, our dress code was smart, like office work wear.

I think if you dress the skirt down with black converses, it wouldn't look as formal anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending