The Student Room Group

Concern on UCAS PS format

Hi!

I sent in my application today and on track the PS paragraphing is messed up.

I was wondering whether the universities see the PS as structured in my application or the formatting is changed as the form is passed on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ahad27
Hi!

I sent in my application today and on track the PS paragraphing is messed up.

I was wondering whether the universities see the PS as structured in my application or the formatting is changed as the form is passed on.
Are you referring to the paragraphs/spaces?

Universities should see your statement pretty much as you've written it. Any kind of formatting gets removed anyway so it's difficult to see how it could be changed.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Are you referring to the paragraphs/spaces?

Universities should see your statement pretty much as you've written it. Any kind of formatting gets removed anyway so it's difficult to see how it could be changed.

Yes,
the PS structure looked as I wanted it to on the UCAS form. E.g. without sentences starting with one word in the line above.

On track the PS is squashed (53 lines) and there are some awkward looking paragraphs now.

I was wondering if the uni get the 45/46 lined PS or there is a chance the ones their receive may have a different number of lines, changing the structure.

I pressed 'enter' in some places where a new thought started and did not put it at every new paragraph (e.g where a normal space achieved the same objective.). Consider a space only takes one character, while pressing 'enter' uses two characters.
Original post by Ahad27
Yes,
the PS structure looked as I wanted it to on the UCAS form. E.g. without sentences starting with one word in the line above.

On track the PS is squashed (53 lines) and there are some awkward looking paragraphs now.

I was wondering if the uni get the 45/46 lined PS or there is a chance the ones their receive may have a different number of lines, changing the structure.

I pressed 'enter' in some places where a new thought started and did not put it at every new paragraph (e.g where a normal space achieved the same objective.). Consider a space only takes one character, while pressing 'enter' uses two characters.
The universities gets whatever you submit onto UCAS and how it looks on the UCAS application form as far as I'm aware.

I've heard of a couple of unis who choose to remove all spaces on receiving a PS, but most don't.
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
The universities gets whatever you submit onto UCAS and how it looks on the UCAS application form as far as I'm aware.

I've heard of a couple of unis who choose to remove all spaces on receiving a PS, but most don't.

That is very reassuring! Thank you so much for replying.
Original post by Ahad27
That is very reassuring! Thank you so much for replying.
Not a problem:hat2:

Because tomorrow is the Oxbridge and Medicine deadline, I am keeping an eye around here.:ninja:
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Not a problem:hat2:

Because tomorrow is the Oxbridge and Medicine deadline, I am keeping an eye around here.:ninja:

I'm sure you have prevented some people from having heart attacks. The whole process is so stressing, it is always good to have people like you supporting us!
Original post by Ahad27
I'm sure you have prevented some people from having heart attacks. The whole process is so stressing, it is always good to have people like you supporting us!
:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending