The Student Room Group

Friend left school without saying anything to me

So at the start of Year 11 one of my friends that I'v known since Year 5 left my school 2-3 weeks after school started.

He never told me about it, not one word.
After the first 3 days of him being absent I texted saying where have you been.
He blocked me after I texted that.

I had to find out by my form tutor ( MY FORM TUTOR ) that he left the school, she said and I quote 'I assume you all know now that he has left?'.

We've know each other for almost 6 years and he goes off to another school without the common courtesy to tell me he's leaving. And when I enquire why he hasn't been in he blocks me on Whatsapp.

The funny thing is we've gone through some **** in those 6 years.
I used to cyber bully him ( something I am totally ashamed of and have apologised for) in Year 7 and since then we've become really close ( or so I thought ). In Year 10 we hung out with a couple of my other friends and had some really fun times.

I'm just thinking to myself is their no loyalty anymore?
I'v gotten over it but just needed to talk about it.
Original post by Oneiropólos
So at the start of Year 11 one of my friends that I'v known since Year 5 left my school 2-3 weeks after school started.

I had to find out by my form tutor ( MY FORM TUTOR ) that he left the school, she said and I quote 'I assume you all know now that he has left?'.

We've know each other for almost 6 years and he goes off to another school without the common courtesy to tell me he's leaving. And when I enquire why he hasn't been in he blocks me on Whatsapp.

I used to cyber bully him ( something I am totally ashamed of and have apologised for) in Year 7 and since then we've become really close ( or so I thought ). In Year 10 we hung out with a couple of my other friends and had some really fun times.

I know it probably hurts, but a person like that doesn't deserve to be called your friend.
Original post by JMR2017
I know it probably hurts, but a person like that doesn't deserve to be called your friend.

True
You bullied him
How can you expect him to be your friend?
Original post by Jigsaws mum
You bullied him

He said he apologised, and that it was a long time ago.
You bullied him

You're telling me you know more about our friendship than me?
You must me living inside me. Get out
You bullied him

Life is a roller coaster and things changed. It's crazy looking back, but the person I had a fight with and bullied in year 4, has been my friend since today, and has taken my back many times. The love and respect for him is crazy, and, although I feel quite jealous, hes love and respect is affecting others around him, and I know he's going to surpass everyone in my form one day. He went from a fat Pakistani to a role model real quick
Reply 7

Ask your form tutor as she seems to know? The fact that he's blocking you suggests it's something that needs to be dealt with delicately - either that or it's something you did! Have you asked any of his other friends?
You're telling me you know more about our friendship than me?
You must me living inside me. Get out

I wouldn't call it a friendship.
He didn't even talk to you before he left 😂😂😂
Reply 9
Maybe there were deeper issues there and you shouldn't make an instant judgement, maybe he needed to move for his own wellbeing, maybe he needed to distance himself from that school and everyone in it :/
I wouldn't call it a friendship.
He didn't even talk to you before he left 😂😂😂

A wolf isn't bothered by the opinions of sheep

I think we know what you identified your self as.

Maaaa
Reply 11
Sometimes I've felt like I just want to disappear and not keep in contact with most people I know. You have 'friends' who are just people you see everyday, talk to because you might as well, and hang out with because its fun or they're just in your group, then you have friends who you go out of your way to see, talk to because you genuinely enjoy your conversations and hang out with because you like their company. Of the latter I'd say I only have about 3 friends, of the former I'd say I have plenty…

It sounds like you guys might've had the first type of friendship I mentioned. Personally I made a lot of regrettable choices from year 7-11, I'm sure people remember them well and so when I go to university i plan to disconnect from EVERYONE of the type 1 friendship, as in if i saw them on the street I wouldn't even look their way. The friends I've decided to keep in touch with either didn't go to my school or joined/made friends with them in year 12/13 so they don't know the 'old me'. Change is nice, sometimes people want it, your friendship might've been different in his eyes than yours, maybe he never let go of the things you said even though you apologised… instead of questioning his decision just accept it for what it is, he wants to move forward and isn't looking back… but if he does try to get in contact one day, at least hear him out I'm sure he has a good explanation.
A wolf isn't bothered by the opinions of sheep

I think we know what you identified your self as.

Maaaa

A sheep doesn't make that sound
Shows your lack of knowledge
We’re they really a friend though?

I've been in exactly the same shoes as you however I haven't bullied anyone. We fought so many times and been through the rough but made up again and left without a word, blocked me off everything and failed to recognise me in public. Not once but twice But loyalty these days is really rare you just got to be careful with who you trust.
A sheep doesn't make that sound
Shows your lack of knowledge

:smile:
Original post by Zxyn
Sometimes I've felt like I just want to disappear and not keep in contact with most people I know. You have 'friends' who are just people you see everyday, talk to because you might as well, and hang out with because its fun or they're just in your group, then you have friends who you go out of your way to see, talk to because you genuinely enjoy your conversations and hang out with because you like their company. Of the latter I'd say I only have about 3 friends, of the former I'd say I have plenty…

It sounds like you guys might've had the first type of friendship I mentioned. Personally I made a lot of regrettable choices from year 7-11, I'm sure people remember them well and so when I go to university i plan to disconnect from EVERYONE of the type 1 friendship, as in if i saw them on the street I wouldn't even look their way. The friends I've decided to keep in touch with either didn't go to my school or joined/made friends with them in year 12/13 so they don't know the 'old me'. Change is nice, sometimes people want it, your friendship might've been different in his eyes than yours, maybe he never let go of the things you said even though you apologised… instead of questioning his decision just accept it for what it is, he wants to move forward and isn't looking back… but if he does try to get in contact one day, at least hear him out I'm sure he has a good explanation.

I understand :smile:
Your friendship was keep your enemies closer type relationship, trust me.
Original post by uncapitalised
Your friendship was keep your enemies closer type relationship, trust me.

I guess now I know not to trust someone until they've shown me through their actions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending