The Student Room Group

I only want sex, not love

For one, relationships take too much time and effort, and in the end, they are always a waste. I get bored quickly of being with just one man. I don't like commitment.

Feelings are messy complicated, and I prefer not to involve them at all. I enjoy sex with men very much, but... I'm simply unable connect with any of them, emotionally. I like them well enough, as friends, I suppose. I'm sexually attracted to them, yes. But beyond that? I can't say I care for them at all.

I've had men tell me they loved me, sure. I may have even said I loved them back. I don't know if they meant their words - but I certainly didn't. Maybe I wanted to, but I simply did not have the capacity to. Such words repulse me, to be honest. Such affairs have always been brief, as they left me extremely unsatisfied. I got bored of them quickly - they failed to entertain me outside the bedroom. I may have broken a few hearts... But, I find myself utterly indifferent.

Maybe relationships just aren't for me at all. People have never been high on my list of priorities. I take my sexual pleasure where I can find it, and then I move on - I want nothing more.

Every other woman my age yearns for Prince charming. I really couldn't care less.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's your point?
Original post by gjd800
What's your point?

Feeling like an anomaly, I suppose.
'I'm edgy, I have no feelings' k den.

In all seriousness, preferably tell the person you're ****ing you're only there for a good time. :wink:
Reply 4
I'm guessing you're relatively young. In my experience, what you are feeling (or not) is pretty normal. I wouldn't worry.
In the words of Keyboard Warriors, you want to be a "slut"
Original post by Anonymous
In the words of Keyboard Warriors, you want to be a "slut"

Whatever you say. I enjoy sex, as human beings are meant to. I am not ashamed of that.
Reply 7
Find someone that feels the same!
Original post by DeadlyAphrodite
For one, relationships take too much time and effort, and in the end, they are always a waste. I get bored quickly of being with just one man. I don't like commitment.

Feelings are messy complicated, and I prefer not to involve them at all. I enjoy sex with men very much, but... I'm simply unable connect with any of them, emotionally. I like them well enough, as friends, I suppose. I'm sexually attracted to them, yes. But beyond that? I can't say I care for them at all.

I've had men tell me they loved me, sure. I may have even I loved them back. I don't know if they meant their words - but I certainly didn't. Maybe I wanted to, but I simply did not have the capacity to. Such words repulse me, to be honest. Such affairs have always been brief, as they left me extremely unsatisfied. I got bored of them quickly - they failed to entertain me outside the bedroom. I may have broken a few hearts... But, I find myself utterly indifferent.

Maybe relationships just aren't for me at all. People have never been high on my list of priorities. I take my sexual pleasure where I can find it, and then I move on - I want nothing more.

Every other woman my age yearns for Prince charming. I really couldn't care less.

Your life. If it makes you happy then go for it. Nobody elses business.

If you are like that though then you will miss out in.

Companionship.

Emotional and physical intimacy beyond sex.

A family

Companionship.

Emotional development.

You might find those become more important later.
Reply 9

I've had men tell me they loved me, sure. I may have even I loved them back. I don't know if they meant their words - but I certainly didn't. Maybe I wanted to, but I simply did not have the capacity to. Such words repulse me, to be honest. Such affairs have always been brief, as they left me extremely unsatisfied. I got bored of them quickly - they failed to entertain me outside the bedroom. I may have broken a few hearts... But, I find myself utterly indifferent.

What the hell, who says stuff like that during a one off ****? Girl, stop hanging out with desperate creeps. And anyway, you are kind of contradicting yourself - 'I may have loved them back' and then you are like 'I didn't mean my words'. You sound utterly confused.
(edited 6 years ago)
Have you been hurt in the past?
I may have SAID I loved them back, even though I did not. Typo, kitten.
Reply 12
I may have SAID I loved them back, even though I did not. Typo, kitten.

Meh, either way it doesn't matter. A lot of people don't do relationships nowadays. And it's totally fine.
As a male, one night relationships just disgusting for me. In the future I'll be looking for family oriented girl. I just need emotion and loyalty from her.. Of course also we should have common hobbies because I'd like to discuss with my partner scientific developments in the world and political issues :biggrin:. But I really wonder can I easily find British girls with these conditions ? I'm foreigner btw.
Reply 14
Original post by ProgrammerC
As a male, one night relationships just disgusting for me. In the future I'll be looking for family oriented girl. I just need emotion and loyalty from her.. Of course also we should have common hobbies because I'd like to discuss with my partner scientific developments in the world and political issues :biggrin:. But I really wonder can I easily find British girls with these conditions ? I'm foreigner btw.

Stereotyping all British girls, huh.
Original post by Ciel.
Stereotyping all British girls, huh. Go back to your jungle then.

Spoiler

Actually I didn't mean that believe me :frown: of course I'm sure every nation has family oriented girls but I just wanted to learn what kind of the majority of the Brits girls, will it be a hard for me ? etc. As you know that pubs are really popular in the British culture.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by ProgrammerC
Actually I didn't mean that believe me :frown: of course I'm sure every nation has family oriented girls but I just wanted to learn what kind of the majority of the Brits girls, will it be a hard for me ? etc. As you know that pubs are really popular in British culture.

There are always more men than women in pubs/nightclubs. And clubbing from time to time doesn't mean you can't be a family oriented person. Will getting a girl be difficult for you? Yeah, definitely, with that ancient attitude.
Original post by Ciel.
Meh, either way it doesn't matter. A lot of people don't do relationships nowadays. And it's totally fine.

You think raising children in single family homes is fine??? And none of this hypothetical millennial **** about people dont "do" relationships and that not everyone has or wants kids because you know good and damn well most people will reproduce and with your cavalier attitude to sexual promiscuity and probably even unprotected sex it disturbs me that you want to ascribe that go other people saying "meh that's fine." It's not fine.

I've had men tell me they loved me, sure. I may have even said I loved them back. I don't know if they meant their words - but I certainly didn't. Maybe I wanted to, but I simply did not have the capacity to. Such words repulse me, to be honest. Such affairs have always been brief, as they left me extremely unsatisfied. I got bored of them quickly - they failed to entertain me outside the bedroom. I may have broken a few hearts... But, I find myself utterly indifferent.

Maybe if you stopped having sex with men you barely know you wouldn't be numbing yourself to emotional connection.
Reply 19
Original post by Salt Queen
You think raising children in single family homes is fine??? And none of this hypothetical millennial **** about people font "do" relationships and not everyone has or wants kids because you know good and damn well most people will reproduce and with your cavalier attitude to sexual promiscuity and probably even unprotected sex it disturbs me that you want to ascribe that go other people saying "meh that's fine." It's not fine.

What children? Are you insane, woman? We are talking about sex, not children here. Welcome to the 21st century, we can protect ourselves from unwanted offspring now. It's not like I need to, considering my... preferences, but thanks for your concern.
Of course it's fine. Let people live.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending