The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edd522
It's ok if she mutes her PC; she won't hear any musical sound.

Lol...just staring at silent movements??? Wait so is that why they don't watch tv, cos of the sound?? Lol. How silly. I would've thought the problem would be the images on tv and the influences of social media, not musical sound lol. Are you Muslim?
Reply 61
Original post by Salt Queen
Lol...just staring at silent movements??? Wait so is that why they don't watch tv, cos of the sound?? Lol. How silly. I would've thought the problem would be the images on tv and the influences of social media, not musical sound lol. Are you Muslim?

I was just joking. :biggrin:

As I said above for reasons that I cannot tell to a girl, I'm obviously not Muslim.
Can't have a tv but you're on the internet. k bye

Im not watching anything on the internet.
Original post by edd522
I was just joking. :biggrin:

As I said above for reasons that I cannot tell to a girl, I'm obviously not Muslim.

you can tell me anything you want 😚

Original post by MiszShortee786

You're watching ME :angry: PLS STOP
Jeans aren't haram. Trousers aren't haram. Leggings aren't haram. Shorts aren't haram.

As long as you're wearing clothes appropriately, there's absolutely nothing wrong. And listening to music isn't haram.

Don't go for whatever a random person says even if they're your friend. Search for it from a reliable source. Sometimes people tend to make stuff up or spread around misinterpreted information.
you can tell me anything you want 😚

You're watching ME :angry: PLS STOP

Reading a comment would be the right way to phrase it.

Are you an old-school Wahhabi? As in pre-Saud?

The only Muslim schools of thought I can recall from my studies which thought things like TVs (and telephones) were haram got crushed by the Saud family in the early 20th century.

However I could, of course, be wrong.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Jeans aren't haram. Trousers aren't haram. Leggings aren't haram. Shorts aren't haram.

As long as you're wearing clothes appropriately, there's absolutely nothing wrong. And listening to music isn't haram.

Don't go for whatever a random person says even if they're your friend. Search for it from a reliable source. Sometimes people tend to make stuff up or spread around misinterpreted information.

Would you mind me asking where you got your information from?
Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard
Are you an old-school Wahabbi? As in pre-Saud?

The only Muslim schools of thought I can recall from my studies which thought things like TVs (and telephones) were haram got crushed by the Saud family in the early 20th century.

However I could, of course, be wrong.

Nope, just simply adhering to the rulings of Islam. Nothing wrong in that.
Nope, just simply adhering to the rulings of Islam. Nothing wrong in that.

You know as well as I do that things aren't exactly the subject of unanimous agreement in Islam, no matter how much some Western commentators would like that to be the case.

Do you identify with a particular school of jurisprudence?
Reading a comment would be the right way to phrase it.

I bet you are watching me. Everybody's always watching me.
You know as well as I do that things aren't exactly the subject of unanimous agreement in Islam, no matter how much some Western commentators would like that to be the case.

Do you identify with a particular school of jurisprudence?

Yes. Sunni. :smile:
Original post by Shabby33
Not just ankles and legs, But breasts and butts my friend haha. Wearing garms that are too tight and reveals the beauty and figures of a woman is forbidden. Its all up to the person IMO. Let them do what they think is right. Im not going against anythig here so dont get me as a evil, biased person :smile: I am not like that :u:

What if it's a morbidly obese woman wearing tight clothing, will that be revealing her "beauty"?
Always stay clear of the strict Muslims, literally everything is haram in their eyes. Listening to music, watching TVs (even though they all do it themselves), plucking your eyebrows, wearing make up, wearing non-alcoholic perfume, having social media, using the internet for anything other than to learn about Islam, heck even looking at pictures of the opposite gender is haram to them too! So the whole wearing jeans debate is probably because in some strict Islamic countries women aren't allowed to wear trousers - some say it's because trousers are 'men's clothing' and women aren't allowed to imitate men but mostly it's because they consider it to he figure-hugging and therefore don't want women to show the 'outline of her legs' (like seriously, how perversed do men have to be that even a woman in trousers is too much for them to handle??)

So like I said - avoid these strict types at all costs otherwise you'll never be able to do anything because everything will be considered 'haram'.
Yes. Sunni. :smile:

I'm talking about your madhhab. If you don't identify with any particular one and you're just interpreting things your own way then that's not something I have an issue with. I'm just interested.
Are you a girl or boy? Wearing tight jeans that show the shape of your body could be haram and many of the jeans Muslim females wear could come under this category. As for music, this is a controversial issue with scholars such as Imam al Ghazali and Ibn Hazm believing some types of music are allowed but the official ruling of the 4 Sunni schools of jurisprudence do not allow all musical instruments.
Original post by k0zaf
my whole life i have been wearing jeans and a friend of mine at uni told me its haram and i was like really shocked because no one has ever told me but i searched online and cant really find an answer but i was just wondering is it really haram and listening to music aswell because music always lightens up my mood and loads of people told me its haram.

[video="youtube;5KLVS6mE074"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLVS6mE074[/video]
I'm talking about your madhhab. If you don't identify with any particular one and you're just interpreting things your own way then that's not something I have an issue with. I'm just interested.

Sorry Imam Abu Hanifah.(Hanafi).
Original post by MyFightSong
Always stay clear of the strict Muslims, literally everything is haram in their eyes. Listening to music, watching TVs (even though they all do it themselves), plucking your eyebrows, wearing make up, wearing non-alcoholic perfume, having social media, using the internet for anything other than to learn about Islam, heck even looking at pictures of the opposite gender is haram to them too! So the whole wearing jeans debate is probably because in some strict Islamic countries women aren't allowed to wear trousers - some say it's because trousers are 'men's clothing' and women aren't allowed to imitate men but mostly it's because they consider it to he figure-hugging and therefore don't want women to show the 'outline of her legs' (like seriously, how perversed do men have to be that even a woman in trousers is too much for them to handle??)

So like I said - avoid these strict types at all costs otherwise you'll never be able to do anything because everything will be considered 'haram'.

"strict Muslims" I died at that part, your post is hilarious

some of what you've mentioned is literally the basics of Islam, what an ignorant post
Original post by scienceq

some of what you've mentioned is literally the basics of Islam, what an ignorant post

Like?

Latest

Trending

Trending