The Student Room Group

Michael Fallon resigns over behaviour allegations

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41838682

Defence secretary Michael Fallon has resigned over concerns about previous behaviour, what are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Should have resigned over the dumb stuff he said about ed miliband calling him a back stabber and calling corbyn pro terrorist. Brought US Stlye attack politics into UK election.

However, the stuff he has resigned over is nothing. Its fine to hit on someone and get rejected, as long as you stop after the first time.

Same goes for chancellor who sent a text asking a girl to a drink, they are human after all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Presumably there’s more to it than touching s journalists knee?

In any case no great loss, give Rory Stewart a promotion.
Original post by Davij038
Presumably there’s more to it than touching s journalists knee?

In any case no great loss, give Rory Stewart a promotion.

Why are you trying to cover him up, he resigned so obviously he himself believes his behaviour is wrong.
Original post by JMR2017
Why are you trying to cover him up, he resigned so obviously he himself believes his behaviour is wrong.

How on earth did you read that as me covering up for him?
Oh misread lol, thought you were saying there's no more to it than touching a journalists knee.
Original post by Davij038
How on earth did you read that as me covering up for him?

I think there is more, Fallon said he cannot guarantee that more wouldn't be revealed.
Politics in 2017:

> **** over your constituents and country, break all your election pledges, aid foreign companies' tax avoidance
Nobody cares

>Touch a journalist's knee
Forced to resign
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Politics in 2017:

> **** over your constituents and country, break all your election pledges, aid foreign companies' tax avoidance
Nobody cares

Forced to resign

I like him. At least he never tried to greentext on TSR.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
I like him. At least he never tried to greentext on TSR.

That isn't greentexting
That isn't greentexting

I know it isn't. Hence my cleverly using the word tried.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
I know it isn't. Hence my cleverly using the word tried.

I didn't try to greentext, genius.
Politics in 2017:

Nobody cares

Forced to resign

He said he could guarantee more would be uncovered, and I think we know what this implies.
I didn't try to greentext, genius.

It seems counterproductive to call me a genius while saying I am wrong. What, do you think by flattering me I will change my opinion. Won't work.
My thoughts are he has done much worse and is trying to stop what he did from surfacing by backing away from the front line now rather than later. :beard:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JMR2017
I think there is more, Fallon said he cannot guarantee that more wouldn't be revealed.

Yeah probably. Like I said no great loss.

Shame about Damian Green though if true, I actually quite liked him.
I don't particularly like Michael Fallon, but having to resign for putting your hand on someone's knee is utterly ridiculous, especially when the "victim" herself has publicly played down the incident.

The world is going mad... Soon, looking at or starting a conversation with a woman will be a sackable offence...
On the bright side: if a mildly ignominious resignation is held to be the most newsworthy development of your political career, then it was probably somewhat overdue in the first place.
Original post by Profesh
On the bright side: if a mildly ignominious resignation is held to be the most newsworthy development of your political career, then it was probably somewhat overdue in the first place.

Don't forget it was his bodyguard who shot the Westminster stabber bloke. Hmm ... the rest of his storied career escapes me, but I am sure he did stuff.
I have seen the list of allegations about 36 Tory MPs. Whilst some should not be on the list as they referred to consensual matters between adults, others do not seem reasonable actions. There are two other ministers who in my view should have gone before Michael Fallon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending