The Student Room Group

❤️Taking back the cheater ❤️

Has anyone ever taken back their Cheating girlfriend/ boyfriend ? If so what happened , how was the relationship like.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It can either be stronger ..if if he really regrets or it can end up in more cheating
Original post by Muzna1
It can either be stronger ..if if he really regrets or it can end up in more cheating

Yeah 100%. Have you ever taken back someone who has cheated if so what happened after you took them back? Would love to here some stories or advice.
Reply 3
As I told u it will most likely end up to the worth !cuz I tried it , I’ve been cheated on and I forgave that person ! But as they say .. whoever cheats ones they will cheat over and over again ! Cuz they know at the end of the time , u will still forgive , right ?
Original post by Muzna1
As I told u it will most likely end up to the worth !cuz I tried it , I’ve been cheated on and I forgave that person ! But as they say .. whoever cheats ones they will cheat over and over again ! Cuz they know at the end of the time , u will still forgive , right ?

Yeah, it's just that my situation.... I'm in two minds I haven't told him in I'm two minds I told him give me space stop telling me your sorry give me space although we're now single. I
Original post by Muzna1

Yeah, it's just that my situation.... I'm in two minds I haven't told him in I'm two minds I told him give me space stop telling me your sorry give me space although we're now single. I just feel like if I am planning to forgive him I should wait months to and focus on myself in that time. And if we both or either one of us find someone else then that would show feelings aren't as strong as I thought.
Right now I feel emotionless I'm enjoying my time away from him atm and have cut him off contact wise blocked him. He only gets through to me from other numbers.
Yes and it was a disaster. If he gets away with it once he will do it again. Best you can do is move on and find yourself someone decent
The fact that he cheated shows he doesn't care enough about you because if he did he would never risk losing you so you should let him go and find someone who is worthy of you. Also because he cheated once because of his lack of care he would most probably do it again. Sounds like he's not sorry for cheating but sorry he got caught!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with giving someone a second chance. You just have to be smart about it and move SLOWLY. Begin talking again and for pete sake don’t make getting back together a public thing, avoid plastering it on social media because it’ll make things 10x worse if you were to split again. Be cautious and rebuild the trust but if he cheats again or you start having an attraction for someone else then end it for good. People do make mistakes but if it’s a constant thing then it’s just not meant to be.
Reply 9
Considering givin someoome another chance is High ...but how do u know he won’t do it again ? U can forgive him . And ask him ..why ? He probably cheated for a. Reason . If not ...then ..think bout it and do what ur heart says
Original post by Muzna1
Considering givin someoome another chance is High ...but how do u know he won’t do it again ? U can forgive him . And ask him ..why ? He probably cheated for a. Reason . If not ...then ..think bout it and do what ur heart says

I know why he did but that doesn't make it an excuse.
Original post by denny1997
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with giving someone a second chance. You just have to be smart about it and move SLOWLY. Begin talking again and for pete sake don’t make getting back together a public thing, avoid plastering it on social media because it’ll make things 10x worse if you were to split again. Be cautious and rebuild the trust but if he cheats again or you start having an attraction for someone else then end it for good. People do make mistakes but if it’s a constant thing then it’s just not meant to be.

Yeah I'm taking forgiving him slowly too I'm doing my own thing now and enjoying not being around him ATM because when your in a relationship your all about them it's too heated and you know. I told him call me towards the end of November. Then in December im going on holiday so I won't be able to speak to him then so I'm trying my best to move slowly and avoid jumping back. Right now I do not know if I want him back or not? Is this normal ?
I feel as though me and him lost ourselves during the relationship towards the end as it had a lot of problems hence why right now I'm finding myself again. It's his first relationship and mine were both (21).
I think you’re being really smart and mature about this. Yeah, that’s totally normal, sometimes the trust is broken so badly it just can’t be repaired and that’s okay too. If you feel like you don’t want to be with him anymore then don’t, you’re both young and you need some time to find yourselves and explore. If it’s really meant to be you’ll find your way back to each other eventually.
I think you’re being really smart and mature about this. Yeah, that’s totally normal, sometimes the trust is broken so badly it just can’t be repaired and that’s okay too. If you feel like you don’t want to be with him anymore then don’t, you’re both young and you need some time to find yourselves and explore. If it’s really meant to be you’ll find your way back to each other eventually.

How do I know when the trust is broken so badly ?
Original post by Jessicapaula

if you can't trust him then the relationship is over... e.g. if you panic when he goes on a night out, don't want him to have female friends, are always paranoid about his work colleagues, wanting to check his phone etc - then it's not going to work

the only reason I can see for trying again is if there was a specific issue which caused the cheating which is now resolved and the cheater has no history of ANY inappropriate behaviour... I'd say n 99.9% of cases you shouldn't do it because once he knows you'll forgive him why not do it again?
Yes. They cheated on me again. Never forgiving a cheater again since this happened twice. One of them was even enough of an ass to show me the nudes the person they were cheating on me with sent them.
Original post by Jessicapaula

There’s a number of ways, really. When you can’t find it in you to try again, when nothing they say makes you feel at ease about the situation, when you just can’t imagine feeling the same about them again.
Original post by del1rious
Yes and it was a disaster. If he gets away with it once he will do it again. Best you can do is move on and find yourself someone decent

"Once a cheater, always a cheater"

That's what you've got to remember.
Original post by doodle_333
if you can't trust him then the relationship is over... e.g. if you panic when he goes on a night out, don't want him to have female friends, are always paranoid about his work colleagues, wanting to check his phone etc - then it's not going to work

the only reason I can see for trying again is if there was a specific issue which caused the cheating which is now resolved and the cheater has no history of ANY inappropriate behaviour... I'd say n 99.9% of cases you shouldn't do it because once he knows you'll forgive him why not do it again?

i strongly agree with this.
There’s a number of ways, really. When you can’t find it in you to try again, when nothing they say makes you feel at ease about the situation, when you just can’t imagine feeling the same about them again.

Funny thing is he probably wouldn't take me back if I did. He even said so. His pride is too much, so why should I ? We properly haven't sat down and spoke or something like that. I don't know how to fully speak and talk what do I say how do we speak. I don't know how to speak to him properly about what's happened. We've spoke 3 times on the phone and in real life as I bumped into him in town. I just don't know how to not resolve things but understand things or talk about things what questions do I ask how do we both cooperate , I've never been through this so I don't know how to go about it. Every time we talk I just feel like there's more I have to say asif we never resolve it something is missing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending