The Student Room Group

16 and never had a boyfriend

so this is kinda petty but I kinda want a boyfriend, the problem is that I've never even had a guy show interest in me.
so I'm 16, average looking, average grades, my friends say I have a nice personality and I think im generally a decent person I'm social as well, involved in clubs and approachable.
the things is even the "weird" girls in my school have been approached by their interesting counterparts
do you guys know any reasons why boys aren't showing any romantic interest towards me?
Reply 1
Same here but I'm 22, you have plenty of time! I get what you mean by even the people who are a bit strange, get a boyfriend, just goes to show there's someone for everyone, your time will come soon.
Reply 2
You could be so attractive that it's intimidating. That's what I like to imagine. If your description of yourself is true then perhaps you simply aren't being forward enough. You speak of girls' being 'approached' but perhaps it is you who will have to assume this role. Basically, everyone is thinking about sex all the time and female sexuality is more valuable than blokes' so really you ought to be able to get some. Find yourself a target and make a frigging conquest.
Bruh I had my first kiss aged 19. Give things time, they come. You only do yourself harm if you get stressed about not having done these things yet.
It's possible to be very socially active but not to be in positions with other people where they feel it is possible to be more personal with you or understand that you are available to be approached in that way. There will be boys who feel that they are in a similar position to you. If there are any that you feel interested in, try expressing a little personal interest in them and see if they return a similar level of personal interest in you, then see what develops. I think that is the general rule - if you want to develop a relationship whether as friends or something more with a person, do not be afraid to be the first to be seen to be the one making an effort to get to know them more.
Reply 5
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Bruh I had my first kiss aged 19. Give things time, they come. You only do yourself harm if you get stressed about not having done these things yet.

Same i had my first kiss at 19 and I didn't think that was too bad of an age
Original post by Afuru
Same i had my first kiss at 19 and I didn't think that was too bad of an age

Seemed to work fine for me, can't imagine things being much different if I was younger instead.
I'm 20, currently studying engineering at Oxford and I've never even kissed a girl before. I'm writing this not so much to say that it's fine, cause for me at least it really sucks, but to reassure you that you're not alone in having worries of this sort. I hope you find a boyfriend eventually and that he is right for you.
Reply 8
18cb47fb348090965766327ce3b21ee1cad14ca79d88b5b9a7eb88e04e3f3b8e.jpg
I had a boyfriend at 15 and we got into a fist fight :smile: I won. :smile: he started it though.

Basically what I'm saying is it's not best to date now anyway.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Come back in 10 years time and maybe I will feel more sorry for you!

I am 22 and never had a relationship!
Original post by ireti
so this is kinda petty but I kinda want a boyfriend, the problem is that I've never even had a guy show interest in me.
so I'm 16, average looking, average grades, my friends say I have a nice personality and I think im generally a decent person I'm social as well, involved in clubs and approachable.
the things is even the "weird" girls in my school have been approached by their interesting counterparts
do you guys know any reasons why boys aren't showing any romantic interest towards me?

I'm sure nothing is wrong with you. Plus there are many 'average' guys who are looking for average girls.
Really, you're only 16 so wait some more years :wink:
I'm 78 and never been in a relationship
Hey,

So that’s not uncommon. My first serious girlfriend I met was at the age of 16. The best advice I can give is don’t measure yourself on others. Correct me but I reckon you have a good idea of what you want to experience? Maybe long term? Maybe just a quick no strings ****? Both of which are totally cool. There are many people out there looking to meet the love of their lives straightaway. There are also people looking to experience things and who are unsure about what they want. My advice if that’s you is to hook up with someone on a site like this. Or a swingers sight or whatever and just go at the pace your comfortable with. I’ve found sometimes you meet people you trust to push boundaries and sometimes you meet people who just want to ****. And occasionally you meet your soul mate that is often in a similar place to you. If your young, free and want to explore, try everything that excites you. I’m a bloke and used to swing a lot. It’s very hard to meet like minded females so I played with couples a lot. Which is so much and often saver. All the couples I’ve met have been legal and open minded. I’ve only met 1 single female and she was underage she was gagging for kinky sex and I she were of age I reckon we would have had a lot of fun. But she es underage. Lying to her guardians to meet me and when it comes to it, we probably could have had. Lot of fun. But it was my responsibility to point out it’s not right and despite understanding the age gap and law is important. You know, difficult because when I was her age I was sleeping with older women and having a great time. There a possible outcome where I could have ****ed her and we both loved it. But there’s also the possibility that had we done that, no matter whether she wanted/liked/enjoyed it because of the age difference I would have done time. Sorry for rambling, just thought it’s somerhing you should be aware of xx. Equally if you want to play and **** an older guy than you, I’m totally up for it, you Sound fit as ****. Just as long as we are on the same page xxx
Original post by ireti

Also may I add after my long message, that all those people telling you that you have time are right. There’s no rush. And there is a strong chance that at your age most guys don’t have the courage to ask you out. Particularly if your very attractive. So don’t let any of this get you down. Just listen to everyone, choose the advice you think is most appropriate and carry on being you xx
I am a 68 year old man, married nearly 30 years. I have raised daughters but no sons. In my opinion, most boys your age are nothing to get excited about.

I left school at 17, having never had a girlfriend. This was also true when I graduated from varsity and when I was twice your age. I did not surrender my virginity until I was 37, to the woman I am married to. I was quite lonely at times, and very randy all of the time (too heterosexual? That was me!). But my mates who went from girlfriend to girlfriend went through a lot of drama and heartbreak. Many were divorced and remarried before their 35th birthdays.

Never loose track of the fact that you can marry only one dude. To excite a lot of men is big bother, frankly. Your goal should be to find one man devoted to you, and for you to prove worthy of that devotion. Other men should be no more than casual and distant friends, frankly.
Original post by trevor mcgown
I am a 68 year old man, married nearly 30 years. I have raised daughters but no sons. In my opinion, most boys your age are nothing to get excited about.

I left school at 17, having never had a girlfriend. This was also true when I graduated from varsity and when I was twice your age. I did not surrender my virginity until I was 37, to the woman I am married to. I was quite lonely at times, and very randy all of the time (too heterosexual? That was me!). But my mates who went from girlfriend to girlfriend went through a lot of drama and heartbreak. Many were divorced and remarried before their 35th birthdays.

Never loose track of the fact that you can marry only one dude. To excite a lot of men is big bother, frankly. Your goal should be to find one man devoted to you, and for you to prove worthy of that devotion. Other men should be no more than casual and distant friends, frankly.

Hey Trevor,
I admire you, you Sound like a very respectable, honest and dependable person. Your the sort of person I used to look up to. You found your love and have experienced something amazing. There was a time when I would have completely agreed with and advocated your way and outlook on life. I would beg to assume you will have a happy and stable family. Which is the dream. My only bit is you in my opinion are rare in your loyalty and devotion to the women you are in love with. When I was growing up, I wanted to be like you, why you have described is the model for a happy, fulfilling life. I could never understand why my dad threw that away. Until recently. I find myself having the desire to play the field, struggling to find happyness with one situation. But also thinking I don’t want to be my dad. Despite my desires and urges. I have made a commitment and I am going to stick to it. But my point is, having experienced family upset, I’ve gone from being a person who would whole heartedly agree with your outlook. To someone that is prepared to acknowledge his desires, but chooses to suppress it/deal with it out of sight. My desires in my opinion should not affect my family or those I love and have committed to. But I also can’t deny they exist. Because I don’t want to end up 30 years down the line chasing fast sex and destroying my family. Which in my opinion is very common in our generations
Original post by Adam_the_nympho
Hey Trevor,
I admire you, you Sound like a very respectable, honest and dependable person. Your the sort of person I used to look up to. You found your love and have experienced something amazing. There was a time when I would have completely agreed with and advocated your way and outlook on life. I would beg to assume you will have a happy and stable family. Which is the dream. My only bit is you in my opinion are rare in your loyalty and devotion to the women you are in love with. When I was growing up, I wanted to be like you, why you have described is the model for a happy, fulfilling life. I could never understand why my dad threw that away. Until recently. I find myself having the desire to play the field, struggling to find happyness with one situation. But also thinking I don’t want to be my dad. Despite my desires and urges. I have made a commitment and I am going to stick to it. But my point is, having experienced family upset, I’ve gone from being a person who would whole heartedly agree with your outlook. To someone that is prepared to acknowledge his desires, but chooses to suppress it/deal with it out of sight. My desires in my opinion should not affect my family or those I love and have committed to. But I also can’t deny they exist. Because I don’t want to end up 30 years down the line chasing fast sex and destroying my family. Which in my opinion is very common in our generations

Further to this I would like to pint out, that people of any age can be exciting for many diffeeent reasons and just because you have a one night stand, doesn’t mean a relationship can’t follow. Men always have and always will be driven by their cocks at times. But also I would say you can still meet genuine lovely people who are behaving like this. Because let’s be honest, most of us have at one stage of our lives. The challenge I see for young women is workin our who they really horny party guys are and who are the really horny party guys that give a ****. Because I am a party guy and I can honestly say I care a lot about everyone I sleep with. Whereas I know people who will pretend to be Romeo just to get a ****.... just my thoughts x
I am not at all monogamous by inclination. The reason I have remained faithful to my spouse is because I wear my wedding ring at all times, and women seldom warm to me. When I have been on a business trip, no woman has ever invited me to her room. My marriage has experienced serious conflict, and my wife and her sister did an evil thing to me that they refused to explain to me. We've done counseling, which proved utterly worthless. Counselors in my country are very much committed to the theory that when there is marital conflict, the women are always damsels in distress and men are the villains. My mother stopped speaking to my wife 15 years ago.The divorce rate among baby boomers like me was astronomical. I fully intend to die married to my current wife. My best friend from my postgrad days once told me "no divorce unless one party is convicted of a felony, or there is persistent substance abuse". I warmly agree. That's why I did not divorce my wife when she threw me out of the marital bedroom and started a 5 year sex strike. My friend is a very secular Jew who has never shown me the slightest belief in God. But he rightly appreciates the importance of stable marriages to a healthy society.
(edited 6 years ago)
Your only 16 so theres no rush for you at all and really no reason to. Not to stigmatize but teenage relationships are rocky and unbalanced. Your at a sensitive age especially for your emotions to go wild that will only deter you on getting actual serious things done. Just wait it out. Enjoy yourself with friends and family. Best time to be looking for relationship is when you get to your early 20's. You will be a different person at heart and more mature on what you want.

Just remember whenever a relationship starts always consider there will be an ending to it. Sounds harsh but usually true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending