The Student Room Group

IELTS needed for an English native speaker EU (non-uk)

Do I need to sit the IELTS if I'm a native speaker but do not live in the UK? I live in Luxembourg and while the national language isn't English (it's Luxemburgish/French), my mother-tongue is English. Do i still need to sit the IELTS? Some universities say that only non-native speakers need to take it but I am not sure if I'm included or not. Does anybody know?
Original post by VerAl1504
Do I need to sit the IELTS if I'm a native speaker but do not live in the UK? I live in Luxembourg and while the national language isn't English (it's Luxemburgish/French), my mother-tongue is English. Do i still need to sit the IELTS? Some universities say that only non-native speakers need to take it but I am not sure if I'm included or not. Does anybody know?

Check the entrance requirements for the uni you are applying to. They will say what evidence they require of speaking English, its normally a qualification or an IELTS. UK students have to provide such evidence as well..Do you have English qualifications?
Original post by VerAl1504

i asked my 5 universities in the uk and most of them said they'll accept any other qualifications such as igcse english for the english requirement for the uni. however i think that i still need to do IELTS for my tier 4 student visa............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending