The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer Rate Calculator

So I used the offer calculator to see how likely I am to get an offer from the unis that I've chosen and I am applying to Bristol for sociology. It says I have 57% chance of getting an offer, should I reconsider applying? I really want to go to this uni
It's worth a shot.
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
It's worth a shot.

Okay, I guess I'll just apply anyway
Reply 3
Original post by goodtime
So I used the offer calculator to see how likely I am to get an offer from the unis that I've chosen and I am applying to Bristol for sociology. It says I have 57% chance of getting an offer, should I reconsider applying? I really want to go to this uni

Toss a coin... heads apply, tails don't.

Similar odds...

Definitely go for it I applied for a uni that I was given only a 20% chance of getting an offer from, using the calculator and they were first back with an offer!!
Reply 5
Note the Calculator is still in "beta". It's by no means complete and can sometimes be unreliable :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by bethaniteddy
Definitely go for it I applied for a uni that I was given only a 20% chance of getting an offer from, using the calculator and they were first back with an offer!!

Oh, that's great news!! It reassuring for sure and I think I'll apply for it anyway
Reply 7
Original post by Doonesbury
Note the Calculator is still in "beta". It's by no means complete and can sometimes be unreliable :wink:

You may be right about it being unreliable, it told me that I had more chance at getting an offer from Bath than Bristol so it can't be that accurate
Reply 8
You may be right about it being unreliable, it told me that I had more chance at getting an offer from Bath than Bristol so it can't be that accurate

Why ? They both have AAB requirements, but Bristol might well be slightly "fussier" or competitive.
Reply 9
Original post by Doonesbury
Why ? They both have AAB requirements, but Bristol might well be slightly "fussier" or competitive.

Yeah exactly the requirements are the same but for bath it says I have an 84%chance of getting an offer so it doesn't make much sense and I've always thought bath's entry standards are quite high.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
I've always thought bath's entry standards are quite high.

Entirely depends on the course.
Yeah exactly the requirements are the same but for bath it says I have an 84%chance of getting an offer so it doesn't make much sense and I've always thought bath's entry standards are quite high.

Did you get an offer in the end for Bristol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending